lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-14-2012, 12:24 PM   #11
parcarnick
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Default Re: Possible battery issues or charger issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple man View Post
Check your water levels and make sure water covers over the plates. Also make sure the batteries don't get hot. Warm is Ok. It sounds like the cart sat for awhile without charging. After you charge it this time, ride it a little bit and charge it again. You should see the voltages come up each time!
So i turned the charger back on and the meter read 15 for a second or two then dropped to 13 then dropped to 10 less that a minute from turning it on and now it is at 10. My next question was going to be the water levels i'll check those next. And yes it did sit for like 2 to three months durning the winter without being used or charged. it was charged after the last time i used it before it sat for awhile. Thank you for all your help
parcarnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-14-2012, 12:27 PM   #12
parcarnick
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

I also noticed that the battery terminals are a little dirty, would that have an effect on the batteries? and if so how do i clean them properly??
Old 03-14-2012, 12:36 PM   #13
parcarnick
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple man View Post
Check your water levels and make sure water covers over the plates. Also make sure the batteries don't get hot. Warm is Ok. It sounds like the cart sat for awhile without charging. After you charge it this time, ride it a little bit and charge it again. You should see the voltages come up each time!
When you take of the caps where the water goes, should you be able to see water?? Because i took my caps off and i don't see any???
Old 03-14-2012, 03:05 PM   #14
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by parcarnick View Post
When you take of the caps where the water goes, should you be able to see water?? Because i took my caps off and i don't see any???
Turn off the charger! Unplug it from the cart. I should have mentioned the water first, but from you having the cart this long, I thought you already did that, Sorry!
Ok, get some distilled water ( use only this ). Fill each cell to where the water just covers over the plates, no more! Let the batteries sit for an hour and check the level again ( it may go down as the plates absorb it ). Now start the charging procedure again. If the water levels were really low, the batteries may be junk! It's worth a try to revive them, though! Nothing to lose but a little electricity!
Now as far as the terminals, if you have a tow - run switch, put it in the tow position. After you've charged the batteries, or before ( makes no difference ) take each connection off one by one and clean both the battery terminal and the cable end to bright metal and reinstall them. It's best to put a terminal protectant on them, but you can get that later.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:42 PM   #15
parcarnick
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Ok, i bought some distilled water. I will probably fill them up tomorrow, unfortunatly dont have time today. hopefully i can revive them i dont really want to buy new ones
Old 03-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #16
parcarnick
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Oh and whats the best thing to clean them with?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar