lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2012, 10:51 AM   #11
barsss
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Installed a "homelink" to the cart

I second what Curly said "Thanks to Dela for starting this thread. It is a great idea.

Here is the link to Amazon selling the one that Dela used. I was getting ready to order one when I noticed that it wouldn't work for my garage door opener. Be sure to look at the pictures, one shows the companys and years of openers that it will work with. This one is for older openers from what I can tell.

Amazon.com: Ezg Smallest Remote Motorcycle Boat Control Garage Gate Opener Fcc Approved: Home Improvement Amazon.com: Ezg Smallest Remote Motorcycle Boat Control Garage Gate Opener Fcc Approved: Home Improvement

Waiting on the voltage regulators. Will update photos and write up when I get them. I have the opener on my cart now and it works great, located under seat and button is in hole beside where you plug charger in (used to be for headlight switch).

Yes, running on key switch for security.
barsss is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2012, 05:27 PM   #12
patpaget
Not Yet Wild

Well,

I received my EZG remote...of course it doesnt work with my opener.
I guess ill try what bars did or ill sit on this 15$ piece of junk.
patpaget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:21 AM   #13
barsss
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Patpaget, Hate I did not make post before you ordered that opener. I came very close to ordering that one but while looking at the pictures on the amazon link saw a picture that had the different manufacturers and years of opens that it worked on. Figured out that it would not work for me.

I received my voltage regulators Saturday and yesterday I soldered it to a board and added wires. Going to cover entire board with shrink tubing to protect when I am sure works correctly. I bench tested it for the correct voltage and it worked(6 volts, tad low 5.88 but was using the battery from my daughters battery powered Barbie Jeep it was not fully charged). Will try and install some time this week (depending what the wife has me doing). Added some pictures of the piece I made.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20120624_111937.jpg (143.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20120624_112013.jpg (147.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20120624_111941.jpg (211.8 KB, 0 views)
barsss is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO