lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2012, 05:47 PM   #1
ScottBeowulf
Not Yet Wild

Default Pack voltage drops under load but individual batts don't?

Hi and a quick thanks for all of the informative posts available on this forum. I've had a few problems with my cart in the past and I've been able to get them worked out thanks to the info available here.

Now I have a problem that I can't find previously posted (apologies if I missed it). I have a 36v EZ GO that after an overnight charge will run for a minute or two and then just shudder (F & R). I checked the pack voltage and it is about 38v standing, but drops to 28v under load -- the weird thing is that each battery indicates about 6.5 volts under load, showing no significant drop. How can the pack voltage drop if none of the individual batteries drop?
ScottBeowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2012, 10:36 PM   #2
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Pack voltage drops under load but individual batts don't?

Sounds like a loose connection somewhere to me. Check and double check all the connections.
Bowslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:47 PM   #3
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Agree with that, that much voltage drop will generate some heat also, so check for that also. - RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:24 AM   #4
ScottBeowulf
Not Yet Wild

Awesome thanks guys, that was it. I had checked the connections and cleaned some corrosion before posting, but on your suggestion I looked again and found that the corrosion had eaten through a good bit of one of the terminals. Replaced that terminal and cart runs great. Thanks again.
ScottBeowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO