lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2012, 02:43 PM   #11
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Scotty's Meter Install On My Precedent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
I would put a fuse in that cable back at the battery pack! Any inline fuse will do. (1 amp)
I did install an inline fuse at the battery packs pos lead... I used a 5amp fuse.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2012, 05:29 PM   #12
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Good deal! That can prevent a meltdown.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:09 AM   #13
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Good deal! That can prevent a meltdown.
I figured better be safe then sorry and fused it.. Love having the meter and now I don't have to keep lifting the seat and pulling my handheld meter out to check pack voltage. I also choose to have mine wired "ON" all the time so I can always glance at it when I'm near the cart.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:22 PM   #14
lowrider
Getting Wild

Club Car

Great job. My scottyb meter should be in the mail as we speak. Just curious, what is that plug(with wires running to it) to the left of the buzzer in your picture number 2 (between the buzzer and the key switch). My 2009 does not have that plug but it does have the raised plastic box like yours, its just empty. I originally was going to peel off the warning decal and put the meter there. I assumed that was a spot for a factory meter or such, but seeing your pic makes me think twice about that.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:58 PM   #15
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
Great job. My scottyb meter should be in the mail as we speak. Just curious, what is that plug(with wires running to it) to the left of the buzzer in your picture number 2 (between the buzzer and the key switch). My 2009 does not have that plug but it does have the raised plastic box like yours, its just empty. I originally was going to peel off the warning decal and put the meter there. I assumed that was a spot for a factory meter or such, but seeing your pic makes me think twice about that.
Where I mounted my meter is the factory location. When you pull your dash you will see the outline is already there for a factory meter cut out. You will also see two tabs, one left and one right of the outline that I snipped off so they don't interfere with the brass clip that comes with Scotty's meter.

I'm not sure what that is for. I think it is a relay maybe for lights or horn?
Old 08-20-2012, 04:20 PM   #16
lowrider
Getting Wild

Club Car

I did see the outline on the back of the dash where you put yours. I was going to put mine there, however when I peeled off the 'warning you can die' sticker, to the right of the light switch, I found another outline. Matter of fact its 2 outlines. One thats square and one that looks like you can mount a rocker switch there. Your cart has a plug there, mine has nothing which is why I was going to mount the meter there. Now I am worried that if I put it there, I could find out down the road that space is for something I may need. What to do!!!! By the way, my scottyb meter showed up today in the mail.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:29 PM   #17
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I did see the outline on the back of the dash where you put yours. I was going to put mine there, however when I peeled off the 'warning you can die' sticker, to the right of the light switch, I found another outline. Matter of fact its 2 outlines. One thats square and one that looks like you can mount a rocker switch there. Your cart has a plug there, mine has nothing which is why I was going to mount the meter there. Now I am worried that if I put it there, I could find out down the road that space is for something I may need. What to do!!!! By the way, my scottyb meter showed up today in the mail.
I like were I mounted it on mine as it's an area that can't really be used for anything else and leaves all the space to the right on the dash for any future room I may need. I will make a post so maybe someone will know what that relay is for.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #18
lowrider
Getting Wild

Club Car

You are absolutly correct. There isnt anything behind that area and it looks cool next to the yellow light. That area could then be concidered the voltage vision area. I think I will mount it where yours is. I still wunder what that plug you have does. My cart is a 6-8volt and that might be some reason I dont have it. By the way, I mentioned I pulled the idiot sticker off. You may not want to do that because the black part of that dash is not the same black as the rest of the dash and looks funny(almost a white/black color). I will have to find another cool type decal/plate I can cut out to cover that area. I kept the sticker intact for a templet.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:49 PM   #19
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
You are absolutly correct. There isnt anything behind that area and it looks cool next to the yellow light. That area could then be concidered the voltage vision area. I think I will mount it where yours is. I still wunder what that plug you have does. My cart is a 6-8volt and that might be some reason I dont have it. By the way, I mentioned I pulled the idiot sticker off. You may not want to do that because the black part of that dash is not the same black as the rest of the dash and looks funny(almost a white/black color). I will have to find another cool type decal/plate I can cut out to cover that area. I kept the sticker intact for a templet.
It's a relay for my light kit.

http://www.golfcartking.com/volt-rel...ar-p-2660.html
Old 08-20-2012, 05:56 PM   #20
lowrider
Getting Wild

Club Car

Done. Erict thats great. I still will probably put the meter where yours is. Thanks much.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car