lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2012, 09:47 PM   #1
lmswest
Gone Wild

Default Some of the stuff I built for my 01 ds

Well Im still pretty new to carting and this forum as Ive only had a cart since july 4th but I was racing the birth of my first child to get the cart done (even though we know they are never "DONE")
I think ive done a lot to it in the short time ive had it and thought I would share with the club car guys , thats why Im posting here instead of members rides.

In the last month in a half I put new batteries in (energizer stickers made by johnson controls) ran all 4 gauge wire that I had from my old car stereo days,
fixed my charger(thanks David) installed new bearings , installed a 4865 alltrax , installed a d&d es 81-41 (will do burn outs and 28 mph with stock tires, thanks Vic) installed a 400 /1000 solenoid , built custom bus bars on my f&r switch , installed a few diff kind of blue leds under and around the cart , took the body off and filled all scratches and no step holes, painted it Cadillac xlr electric blue and the top caddy silver pearl (my first paint job, still need to cut and buff it), then I had some extra stainless and aluminum around so I made my own custom sill plates, kick plate ,front bumper and rear bumper and steering wheel insert, and I polished the aluminum cowl trim.
Im not quite sure how high im going to raise it or how big of a tire just yet but once I do I plan on disk brakes in the front to bring it down from 30+

any cool mods i missed? Like I said im still new so I welcome any responses..

anyway enough talk, heres a few pics..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00937.jpg (194.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00939.jpg (127.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00941.jpg (258.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00942.jpg (282.4 KB, 0 views)
lmswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2012, 09:48 PM   #2
lmswest
Gone Wild

Default Re: Some of the stuff I built for my 01 ds

Last one..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00944.jpg (193.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-27-2012, 10:02 PM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Nice. I like it!
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:18 PM   #4
rib33024

Cool looking cart
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:19 PM   #5
lmswest
Gone Wild

before pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg before.jpg (83.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG1544-1.jpg (159.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-27-2012, 10:25 PM   #6
lmswest
Gone Wild

Oh, and I dyed the seats with vinyl die and they looked great until my girls bare legs stuck to it in the hot Texas sun and peeled some off. Still gotta fix that..LOL
Old 08-28-2012, 08:21 AM   #7
jedotx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmswest View Post
Last one..
You have done a great job with it. I'm going to do the Blue LED lights on mine next do you have any photos of the install on yours or any tips or tricks to putting them in. Suggestions on where to actually place them etc.

As far as what cool mods you missed...... You got put some jams in there. Putting music in mine is one of my favorite mods yet. I put in a marine amp and speakers and Connect my Iphone to play stored music or play pandora.
Here is a link to the thread where I explained the install with some pictures. It is the last post in the thread.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...rnative-5.html
jedotx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #8
lmswest
Gone Wild

Ill take some close ups of the lights soon and post for you, The logic I used was to use a less direct light under the top so it wouldnt distract us at night then a more directed light underneath to give it a different effect.
I basically bought three different styles and lit them up in different spots and did what I liked.
The hardest part was hiding the wires. Coming from an old car stereo guy I hate seeing wires , so the longest piece of wire thats visible is about an inch long as I ran them through the top supports. To do that I used a piece of string and my air compressor and blew it through and then tied the wire to it and pulled it back through and fished it out with a small hook tool.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car