lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2012, 10:10 PM   #1
maaxmopar
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default upgradeed club car not working!

I have upgraded my 05 club car IQ witha new high torque GE motor alltrax dcx 500 amp controller. New 400+ solenoid batt and motor wiring. Every thing is installed but the cart wont run. It will jump all the sudden mid throttle for a sec. Or shutter a little but in the wrong direction. in forward it goes in reverse. I didnt upgrade the F/R switch but its just the rocker type. The solenoid didnt have any labels on it so i hooked it up the way alltraxs wiring said to. I havent tried resetting the obc, should I? Does the solenoid have to be hooked up a certin way. The controller lights say it good ready to roll.
maaxmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2012, 10:30 PM   #2
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Default Re: upgradeed club car not working!

I thought that with mine when I did the same upgrade but found that it did work, just needed to floor it. After programming controller it worked much more smoothly.

However mine did go forward in forward and reverse in reverse so you have something wired wrong.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:56 PM   #3
maaxmopar
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: upgraded club car not working!

I dont know Ive been over the wiring a thousand times now. Its pretty simple set up to. hope Alltrax programed it right.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:12 AM   #4
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Default Re: upgraded club car not working!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maaxmopar View Post
I dont know Ive been over the wiring a thousand times now. Its pretty simple set up to. hope Alltrax programed it right.
Did you order your controller and motor at the same time from the same vendor because they will usually load the proper field map for the particular motor, if not I would try to locate the map and install it myself. Not saying this is the problem but if it is not programmed correctly you could do damage to the motor or controller.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:37 AM   #5
maaxmopar
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yes They had a sheet to filll out for the mapping and cart info. ordered the motor from same place. I never saw the controllers light blink though. it should blink 7 times for club car. its just solid green.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It should blink just after the solenoid clicks, The # of times it blinks will tell you which throttle set up it is programmed for, sounds like you might have the wrong one so this info is critical, check it again and refer to your mini manual for the LED blink codes.
Let us know what you find.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:52 PM   #7
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Or better yet you can hook up to the serial port and open up the ALltraxx software and check the setting yourself, should be Club Car 5k-0, under throttle response.
You can also check if the coorect field map # was input under control panel.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #8
maaxmopar
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well I checked the mcor. It looks like I have a 0to 5k mcor but it goes to 10k. I tried to change the throttle on the controller to 0 to 5k but I get an error code on the controller. Sensor over range so I have ordered a new mcor. Does that sound correct? Bad mcor?
Old 09-03-2012, 12:15 AM   #9
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by maaxmopar View Post
Well I checked the mcor. It looks like I have a 0to 5k mcor but it goes to 10k. I tried to change the throttle on the controller to 0 to 5k but I get an error code on the controller. Sensor over range so I have ordered a new mcor. Does that sound correct? Bad mcor?
You are doing it wrong you need the setting for club car 5k to 0
Old 09-03-2012, 05:00 PM   #10
maaxmopar
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yes the controller was set to 5k-0 from factory. If I change it to 0-5k that's when I get the error throttle sensor over range. And my Mcor goes form 0 to 10k.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car