lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2013, 09:18 AM   #11
Billy Hale
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: ATV jack/dolly for storage?

Maybe 4 furniture dollies, Harbor Freight has them. The only thing is, you would need a small floor jack to take them from under the wheels.
Billy Hale is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2013, 09:38 AM   #12
banieldowen
Not Yet Wild

lance_214 - that might be a possibility, but only if the jack/dolly idea doesn't pan out. I have a very strict HOA...even for stuff behind the fence and a very small yard. I live in a "garden home"...which is essentially a zero lot line community. If the HOA would allow a shed I do have room for it, but at the expense of my kid and dogs...

I hate HOAs but our community is really nice. It's sort of a catch-22
banieldowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:47 AM   #13
anix
Getting Wild

Great idea but!!! I think you will find most lifts roll so you can move them to where you want to use them at to put them away, they are not made to roll with a heavy load on them.I would bet it will be hard to roll around unless it has high dollar casters on it. Less expensive lifts will have less expensive casters. Take it from some one that has used jacks and lifts for way too many years. The wheel dollies would let you move it the easiest but still a lot of jacking around especially if it will be done on a regular. So have said all that my vote goes to a small portable out building now or after after the wife says she is tired of dragging it out of the corner. best of luck and let us know how it works.
anix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:11 AM   #14
banieldowen
Not Yet Wild

anix - you bring up a good point that about moving the dolly with a load on it. I bet it will be pretty difficult. So that got me thinking... What about a pallet truck or a hi-lift pallet jack? They are a little more expensive but they may work?

Off to do more research!
Old 07-08-2013, 10:43 AM   #15
lance_214
Rode hard, put up wet!

Club Car

I got it...sell your wifes car. Tell her something had to go and luck of the draw was her vehicle...then run for the hills..
lance_214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:16 AM   #16
anix
Getting Wild

Don't know if it would help but how hard would it be for you to post something like a floor plan showing where you want everything to sit. I may not can do you any good but there are a lot good minds in here. Some folks live for a challenge.
anix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:26 PM   #17
banieldowen
Not Yet Wild

So it doesn't look like I'll need it after all! I finally got the cart back today and am able to back/parallel park it in place. Plus, as a bonus, it's not as tight a fit as I thought and I can get it in and out with only one car out of place!

As an even additional bonus, whenever we sell our house we can call it a 2.5 car garage!
Old 07-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #18
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Might want to pull the car all the way in and keep the cart easy to get to. This depends on how much the car gets used versus the cart!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dolly, jack, storage
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car