lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2013, 05:47 PM   #1
scottginfla
72 volt torque monster

Club Car

Default Any problems at plum quick?Other motor suppliers?

As some of my recent threads would suggest, I am trying to decide on a few changes with my cart, for now I am going to stay DC, so the next question is what motor, I called PQ early this past Tuesday and left a message with I think Bonnie, by Thursday, still no return call, left another message with her, and now after business hours Friday, still no response, I have read how they "supposedly" have great customer service, but that's not what I would say at this point. So I also talked to Jeff at d&d, so him being the only person I have actually talked to, are there any other motor builders out there who I could look into? My controller has been sitting back at Flight Systems since this past Monday waiting on field mapping.
scottginfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2013, 06:51 PM   #2
PLUMQUICK
Gone Wild

Default Re: Any problems at plum quick?Other motor suppliers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottginfla View Post
As some of my recent threads would suggest, I am trying to decide on a few changes with my cart, for now I am going to stay DC, so the next question is what motor, I called PQ early this past Tuesday and left a message with I think Bonnie, by Thursday, still no return call, left another message with her, and now after business hours Friday, still no response, I have read how they "supposedly" have great customer service, but that's not what I would say at this point. So I also talked to Jeff at d&d, so him being the only person I have actually talked to, are there any other motor builders out there who I could look into? My controller has been sitting back at Flight Systems since this past Monday waiting on field mapping.
Sorry........got a tall stack of call backs to make
PM me your number.......I'll get with you the first of the week.
I talked to Tony at FSIP last week about controller mapping......maybe one was yours.
I see your running 23" tall tires, 10:1 gears and a 500 amp controller.........that's causing the stock Bandit motor to draw a lot of amps, that's why the controller is going into thermal shutdown. You can put in a heat sink to help the controller, but the motor will still have a high amp draw. You might want to look into a high torque motor.
Again, sorry for the delay.........talk to you Monday.
Also, D&D has great products.........
PLUMQUICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:59 PM   #3
scottginfla
72 volt torque monster

Club Car

Thanks, PM sent
Old 07-12-2013, 07:13 PM   #4
PLUMQUICK
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottginfla View Post
Thanks, PM sent

Got it..........I'll call you Monday.....
PLUMQUICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #5
anix
Getting Wild

Where did you find the 10:1 gears? I am thinking about going to a lower profile tire and if I do the higher gear would help keep my torque and speed where it is. I am sure D&D are good motors but I like my PQ .
anix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:44 PM   #6
scottginfla
72 volt torque monster

Club Car

anix, pm sent with info
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car