lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2013, 08:09 PM   #1
bugman6933
Not Yet Wild

Default 95 36volt problem

my 1995 electric club car 36 volt has v-glide,no pot switch,has a box of some sort between the solenoid and motor. ok heres my problem sometimes it will just shut down like a bad connection. have checked all the cabels they seem ok.after a little while it will just start running agin. when I quits and you push the accel. pedal you can feel it catch just a little but then no power. any ideas?
bugman6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2013, 08:55 PM   #2
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Default Re: 95 36volt problem

If that "box" is behind the solenoid and mounted up under the body then it is your motor controller. It's a pain to get to them, but check the connections on it as they may be loose. Be gentle when checking the three small wires that plug in, If you break off a tab you're looking at $$ to replace the controller. Also, make sure all the battery cable connections are clean and tight.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:11 PM   #3
bugman6933
Not Yet Wild

yes that's were it is.how do you get to it ? jcak up cart and go from underside?
bugman6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:34 PM   #4
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugman6933 View Post
How do you get to it ? jack up cart and go from underside?
Yes, that way seems to work as good as anything. Newer carts have a black inspection cover under the rear basket that makes things like this very easy, but you have to be a little acrobatic on the older ones. Also, before you go getting wrenches around too many things checking for tightness and corrosion you might want to unhook the battery pack at the main + and - terminals to keep any unintentional spark showers from occurring. Looking over the whole cart for cables or wires that are loose or not plugged fully in, and also for corroded connections would be where I would start. I'm sure others will chime in soon with even more advice.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car