lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-28-2013, 08:29 PM   #1
gamedad
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default New Owner - Electrical Problem

I recently purchased a very used G1 (it appears to be a 1984 model). It wasn't running when I purchased it. The owner said it wouldn't turnover. I noticed the terminal to the starter had corroded and thought it was worth a shot to buy it. I repaired the connection and when I went to reconnect the battery the engine tried to turnover and started smoking. One of the wires to the magneto burnt the insulation off it. The fuse should've prevented this but the previous owner created a bypass. Can there be a short in the magneto? This occurred with the start switch off and the part brake on. I later tried to replace the torched wire thinking it was just shorting on the frame. It blew the fuse immediately. I put the bypass back in just to see what would happen and the wire start smoking again but the motor didn't try to turnover. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
gamedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-28-2013, 10:12 PM   #2
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: New Owner - Electrical Problem

Welcome to BGW. A good starting point would be to go to the stickies at the beginning of "Gas Yamaha" and download a copy of the wiring diagram for your cart. Then study it and go over your cart's wiring to see if your cart is wired correctly. My guess is that at almost 30 years old, your cart has seen more than a few "shade trees", and needs some TLC. This should help you get started and allow us to better help you. Good luck - RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha