lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-15-2013, 10:48 PM   #11
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: precedent 22volts on battery ??

ok,today when I got to the cart, I read all 4 batteries. All 4 were 9.5. I plugged in the charger, and checked the batteries with the charger on.

The 2 rear batteries were at 11 immediately. The driver side front, was 18 again, and also the front passenger battery was 18 also. Last time I checked, there was only one battery that was 18volts.

So I removed the driver front battery, and replaced it with a good used battery. I had charged this used battery last nite. So once installed, I plugged the charger in again, and measured across this used battery, and got 13 volts.
SO, IT LOOKS LIKEYOUR DIAGNOSE OF A BAD BATTERY WAS CORRECT. So on Monday, I will replace the passenger side bad battery with another used battery, and hope to get 48 volts again.

I feel confident, this will fix my problem.

If it does, then I will replace all 4 batteries with new ones.

thanks for all the help, I will report back after I install the next battery.
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-18-2013, 09:21 PM   #12
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Today,i replaced the front passenger side battery, with a known good used battery. Then plugged the charger in and checked voltage. NOW both used batteries read fine, and now the 22 volts has been chased into the rear battery, passenger side.

So I have been pushing these 22 volts, from one battery, to another. I don't have anymore used batteries to play with here.

I will buy a new set of batteries, and install them.

BUT I would like to know what is going on here with these 22 volts?? Why does these 22 volts, go from one battery to another? Never seen anything like this.
Why is this happening, what is going on?
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:53 PM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

When you try to run current thru a bad battery, it goes into a high resistance mode similar to a open switch.
So if you think of your bad battery as a open switch, you are in effect measuring the voltage between those 2 points, which should be the charger voltage minus the sum of all of the other batteries.
Try this, disconnect the bad battery, plug the booster charger to the pack and then measure the voltage between the 2 cables that were connected to the bad battery.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car