lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2014, 07:59 PM   #1
robbiescd
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default 1994 EZ Go Robin motor stupid question

I have been working on this 1994 EZgo with a Robin motor in it. Never worked on EZgo's but very proficient with Gas Club Cars. On a Club Car, you can put the cart into "service mode".

I am having problems getting this motor to "crank". If I put the EZgo in Neutral, should it actually crank similar to service mode on a club car?

It turns over, getting fuel, getting spark, replaced ignitor, but still won't start, won't backfire, won't do anything but turn over. Even sprayed starting fluid directly into carb and nothing. Checked fuses, wiring, grounds, ect.

Do I need to put it in forward or reverse to actually crank and run the motor????

Stupid question, I know! Probably asking why didn't I just try it........I'm finished for the day! This cart is driving me CRAZY!

I posted an earlier thread on this, so sorry for the redundancy!
robbiescd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2014, 12:15 PM   #2
glasscockjason
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1994 EZ Go Robin motor stupid question

Did you adjust the intake valves? As I understand it they have a coating on them and once the coating wears off you have to adjust them regularly. We had one at work and we tried evrything until we found out about that.
glasscockjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 03:04 PM   #3
donnie5336
Not Yet Wild

Not sure about the 94 but I have a 96 with the 295 Robin 4-stroke engine and yes it will run in neutral. Well it would until I broke a rod and tore it apart, which is how it sits now, lol.
donnie5336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 01:34 PM   #4
hugger6933
Getting Wild

There are no stupid questions. Yes the EZ-GO should run in Neutral. You said it is getting fire is it firing at the plug? Have you put a known good plug in the plug wire and grounded it to the block? Are you getting spark there? If not have you checked the coil? test light to pos side key on it should light. Move the test probe to the neg side of the coil crank engine over with the pedal does the test light flash? If you have a flash, then your pulsar is good and you may need to check more about the coil. If no flash go down to the passenger side lower front of the motor and there is a two wire pulsar plug. Unplug it and break out the trusty DVOM and set up to the volts meter, crank engine over there should be about a 0.5 volt reading if not it is suspect and then go to the OHMS scale and check it. It should be 345 to 485 range if it is then go some other place. Was the Ignitor new ? Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:27 PM   #5
robbiescd
Getting Wild
Club Car

I replaced the ignitor. Think I found the issue. The tappets on each intake valve ae adjusted all the way out, telling me the valves are wire out. Rocker is pushing on valve but the valve isn't opening up enough for fuel to enter intake. Have new valves ordered, just got to pull the motor.

Last edited by robbiescd; 06-06-2014 at 09:28 PM.. Reason: Misspelled word
Old 06-06-2014, 09:30 PM   #6
robbiescd
Getting Wild
Club Car

Sorry for all the spelling errors......iPhones and fat fingers don't mix!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO