lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2014, 06:50 PM   #1
ltmoeller
Gone Wild

Default Want more torque

I have a 20081/2 precedent ph serial number with code 4,6 inch lift and 12 inch wheels.I have a iqdm computer and never have been able to remove some of the motor brakeing.It is on full motor brakeing but reads 0 0n the iqdm.What I want is more torque.I don,t care for the speed.I want more torque.What is the best way to go?
Thanks,Tom
ltmoeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-04-2014, 07:51 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Want more torque

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltmoeller View Post
I have a 20081/2 precedent ph serial number with code 4,6 inch lift and 12 inch wheels.I have a iqdm computer and never have been able to remove some of the motor brakeing.It is on full motor brakeing but reads 0 0n the iqdm.What I want is more torque.I don,t care for the speed.I want more torque.What is the best way to go?
Thanks,Tom
You can't take the motor braking out of an excel car at all. You can only dampen it. The best way to go is to rip the Excel wire harness out of it. Drop an IQ wire harness in it (direct swap) and install upgraded IQ system components.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:59 PM   #3
ltmoeller
Gone Wild

Is there a controller for the excel that will increase torque?I need more pulling power.
Tom
Old 09-05-2014, 07:26 AM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltmoeller View Post
Is there a controller for the excel that will increase torque?I need more pulling power.
Tom
Not that I'm aware of. Club Car offers a 350 amp version of their Excel controller but when used with a stock motor it will constantly drop out and throw a fault code due to compatibility issues.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 03:27 PM   #5
graniteguy
Not Yet Wild

I could be wrong, but doesn't fsip make a controller for the excel? I though mymonstertruck had one along with a high torque motor from plumquick?
graniteguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 04:48 PM   #6
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by graniteguy View Post
I could be wrong, but doesn't fsip make a controller for the excel? I though mymonstertruck had one along with a high torque motor from plumquick?
Yes FSIP does offer a couple of different controllers that will work with the Excel cart, I'm running the 500 amp Curtis controller and the PQ Executioner motor in my 11 Excel cart.... My cart is way fast and has great hill climbing torque, even accelerates going up some hills in our hood.
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:45 PM   #7
ltmoeller
Gone Wild

I also have information of that controlller from fsip and they have a pigtail to connect it to the excel.
Tom
Old 09-06-2014, 08:13 AM   #8
graniteguy
Not Yet Wild

I looked into it too but couldn't justify the cost. It se'emed like I would be dumping 1200 (with recommended cable upgrade) into the cart just for better hill climbing power. Add the torque motor and, well, I might as well just trade it in for an ez-go rxv.,,
graniteguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 09:27 AM   #9
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Funny I have a 2008 1/2 (week 33) also and have the IQ. Whatever way you decide to go, I'd consider upgrading the cables first, that will help the torque and any upgrade also. If your going to rip the wiring harness, then I'd consider going to a series motor setup. I went full blown upgrade and lots of performance but the motor will get hot under heavy torque demands, even though the series setup will be much slower it will pull like a mule!
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car