lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2019, 10:09 PM   #11
xtcarts
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: i40L ICON Electric Street Legal Golf Cart

We have been selling ICON for a while now and honestly we were skeptical initially but after seeing how reliable they have been and the tons of satisfied customers sending us more customers to purchase ICON's. Its truly been a great experience for both us and our customers. We have had zero warranty problems and if we do I know they have a fully stocked parts department to take care of it. Before selling ICON's I also toured the facility and was impressed with the entire operation including the amount of carts and parts in stock. We sell Club Car, EZGO, Yamaha, and Star as well. I have an ICON at my house.
xtcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2019, 06:57 PM   #12
muspod
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rroyston View Post
So have a bit of experience with ICON. I own a dealership stocking 150 misc units some being ICON. We have had nothing but great experience dealing with the company and our customers love them. I have yet to see any warranty problems. Before choosing Icon we toured there facility based in Tampa where I saw a full parts department along with 500+ vehicles, and a very knowledgeable foreman running the operation. I met the owner numerous times and feel very comfortable putting our company's name behind the brand.
Time will tell with LV Tong. The Icon/ Elite / Ziggy / Panther / Aetric / Moto Electric (just in Florida) etc etc etc brands are relative new so IF they can perform like their competitors you shouldn't have any issues. But they do. We also went by the Icon place 2 months ago. There is no way that place could even hold 500 vehicles. They'd be in trouble is they had 500 vehicles! More like 30 unassembled carts stacked up. Their parts dept. could fit in golf cart. Hopefully they have the part you'll need. chances are they wont. Saw one warehouse employee. Place looked dead..Maybe they were all out trying to sell their wares.. We traded in an Icon for a Club Car. We're sticking with American brands at this time..
I also find it interesting the other comments on this thread are from people making their first post about this.. Are you guys salespeople or owners?

Last edited by muspod; 08-08-2019 at 07:06 PM.. Reason: forgot to include something..
muspod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 06:46 PM   #13
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Are these related to Olympus in any way? what is described here sounds quite similar, especially the Toyota drive system. Only the fanciest Olympus, the Gemini, has NiMH Prius batteries in it, and heating and A/C.

While it is commendable to stock American, NONE of the current 'big three' are American, any more. All the stuff on modern EZGO, Club Cars, Yamaha Drives and so on, are made in China. The ERIC charger, Delta Q SC-48, PowerWise QE, controllers, etc. Even Alltrax XCTs are made in China. They used to advertise being USA but not recently. Even if the frames and bodies are made here, you can bet the wiring, electrics are all China.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 12:45 PM   #14
muspod
Not Yet Wild

Parts are made/assembled in china for labor reasons. Club Car and EZGO are designed engineered tested and proven here in the USA More importantly, the PROFITS AND JOBS come into the USA, When do the tarriffs start more jobs here in the USA?
Why get a china mobile when you can get a proven and tested USA one? You can get parts anywhere. I'll stick with the majors..
muspod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 04:12 PM   #15
ClubCarDude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtcarts View Post
We have been selling ICON for a while now and honestly we were skeptical initially but after seeing how reliable they have been and the tons of satisfied customers sending us more customers to purchase ICON's. Its truly been a great experience for both us and our customers. We have had zero warranty problems and if we do I know they have a fully stocked parts department to take care of it. Before selling ICON's I also toured the facility and was impressed with the entire operation including the amount of carts and parts in stock. We sell Club Car, EZGO, Yamaha, and Star as well. I have an ICON at my house.
Where are you located? I am interested in an ICON i40L.
ClubCarDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 04:23 PM   #16
ClubCarDude
Gone Wild

Club Car

I know this thread is getting a little older but I am still kicking around the idea of getting an ICON cart. I have had many Club Car carts over the years and I have no complaints.

My current cart is a lifted Precedent and while working on it I believe I toasted the controller.

So I am either going to upgrade my precedent with a better controller to do 28 mph or just put a used controller in and trade up for an ICON cart which is brand new and does 28+MPH with no modifications necessary.

Can anyone else share their Icon experiences? Gotta be some Icon owners/dealers in here.
Old 01-07-2020, 04:26 PM   #17
ClubCarDude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by muspod View Post
Parts are made/assembled in china for labor reasons. Club Car and EZGO are designed engineered tested and proven here in the USA More importantly, the PROFITS AND JOBS come into the USA, When do the tarriffs start more jobs here in the USA?
Why get a china mobile when you can get a proven and tested USA one? You can get parts anywhere. I'll stick with the majors..
I get your point but any product sold and serviced here in the US no matter how much of it originates from China or any other country helps create jobs in the US.

That being said I am skeptical too and have always stuck with CC but I have driven an Icon myself and they are very nice. Most electronics are made in China today. From the phone in your hand to the parts in your car you drive. China can make quality products as long as the buyer/owner/distributor is willing to pay a little more.
Old 01-07-2020, 05:28 PM   #18
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Before you buy it pretend you own one. Pick the specific model you might buy. Now shop for repair parts starting with consumables like brake parts, pads or shoes. Things you might rip, tear or break like the windshield and lights. What if you smoke another controller. Can you get a replacement to install yourself. Are upgrade/bling parts available. What happens if the dealer goes under or more likely after a couple of years when customers start bringing carts back to him for repairs he finds he can't get parts either. So he discontinues the ICON line and starts to carry another China cart branded something else. Where do the ICON owners go? Any independent shops in your area? Ask them if they would repair it/can they get parts.
We have a local ICON dealer here. He carried Cit-e-Car before but quit them. Wonder what the Cit-e-Car owners are doing? My 2 cents.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 11:49 AM   #19
ClubCarDude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
Before you buy it pretend you own one. Pick the specific model you might buy. Now shop for repair parts starting with consumables like brake parts, pads or shoes. Things you might rip, tear or break like the windshield and lights. What if you smoke another controller. Can you get a replacement to install yourself. Are upgrade/bling parts available. What happens if the dealer goes under or more likely after a couple of years when customers start bringing carts back to him for repairs he finds he can't get parts either. So he discontinues the ICON line and starts to carry another China cart branded something else. Where do the ICON owners go? Any independent shops in your area? Ask them if they would repair it/can they get parts.
We have a local ICON dealer here. He carried Cit-e-Car before but quit them. Wonder what the Cit-e-Car owners are doing? My 2 cents.
You make great points and they are all valid. These same concerns are why I haven't bought one yet. Hoping an Icon owner or dealer will chime in on their experiences with quality and getting parts.
Old 04-03-2020, 11:00 AM   #20
jim_dojo
Not Yet Wild

ClubCarDude, what did you end up doing? I was also about to make a purchase. Im let down after reading this because they outperformed all other carts in every category when i test drove them and we were excited about pulling the trigger. Im glad i found this.
jim_dojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon