lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-01-2023, 08:26 AM   #1
Maverick6789
Not Yet Wild

Default Advice on Used Carts

I live in a very hilly community and am looking at used golf carts for shuttling my family around the neighborhood. I’m looking at two options: a 2020 Ez-go 72v L6 (lead acid) and an 2023 Advanced EV Advent six seater that is only 6 months old for $3k more.. I like the idea of sticking with one of the big three for parts availability, etc, but that Ez-go cart is going to need batteries at some point. I have had issues maintaining lead acid batteries in the past and the lithium conversion kits are not cheap. I’ve heard good things about AEV and love all the features the cart comes with. Im torn.

What would you do?
Maverick6789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-01-2023, 08:49 AM   #2
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Advice on Used Carts

I like carts that you can buy parts for because there's always something that needs repaired. EZGO and Club Car are 2 of the oldest brands around. So what if you bought the EZGO and had to put a $3000 lithium battery in it in a couple years? Wouldn't that be a wash? I don't think model year of carts affects the value like a car, it's all about condition.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 12:29 PM   #3
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

I would buy the ezgo, top off the water in the batteries, keep them on charge all the time, and start saving towards that lithium upgrade.
L6 is an excellent cart and can be really tuned up with just software changes.
TheCartBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 07:29 AM   #4
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

"Very Hilly" batteries are going to run out quick , Why not a gas cart ?
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 05:41 PM   #5
Maverick6789
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, everyone! I ended up with the 72v L6. Now I just need to figure out how to increase the max speed. Looks like I need to get in touch with @bobboyce or @usgicolllector. Any other suggestions?
Old 12-15-2023, 11:47 PM   #6
Maverick6789
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCartBoy View Post
I would buy the ezgo, top off the water in the batteries, keep them on charge all the time, and start saving towards that lithium upgrade.
L6 is an excellent cart and can be really tuned up with just software changes.
TheCartBoy, any advice on where to start to learn how to make those software changes? I’ve read dozens of threads on here but haven’t found much in terms of “how to” guidance…. Just lots of referrals to Bob
Old 12-16-2023, 10:34 AM   #7
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

Congrats on your purchase. Go here:
https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=189762
TheCartBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts