lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-06-2020, 09:59 AM   #21
jim_dojo
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: i40L ICON Electric Street Legal Golf Cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubCarDude View Post
You make great points and they are all valid. These same concerns are why I haven't bought one yet. Hoping an Icon owner or dealer will chime in on their experiences with quality and getting parts.
So what did you decide to do? I still havent pulled the trigger. Have been test driving more brands and still the Icon beats them all. Actually ran into a guy in my hometown that had one and he likes it. He said he was hesitant to buy since it was a new company, but he liked it enough to roll the dice. Since this thread started, has anyone had anymore experience with ICON? Any advice/info would be greatly apprciated.
jim_dojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2020, 10:55 AM   #22
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

After having many issues with Star Sirius (a story for another time)

Traded at my dealer for Icon I40...so far way outclasses the Sirius in quality
and build.

The brakes on the Sirius were junk quality. Under warranty repaired numerous times. Pulsing squealing brakes, shoes and drums replaced as well as
brake actuator bar from brake pedal to cable harnes (bar was bent from factory)

Swing arms sounded like they or shocks were broken or loose. These items were torqued down numerous times all under warranty...Siriusly a pile of junk!

On to my new Icon I40. The toyota 4kw motor and the toyota controller
are very smooth in response. The hydraulic 4 wheel disc brakes are a dream
compared to the Sirius.

I took delivery of my I40 with just 2.3 miles on odo. Now have 404 happy miles on it...

Quality performance...Recommend it...in my hood there are 5 Icon I40s.
The owner are all very satisfied with their I40s.

In my hood there were 2 new Club Cars delivered about a year before, 1 was good the other has been to dealer for electrical problems. Dealer last we know has no solution yet.

My dealer cannot keep the Icons in stock...they sell about as quick as they arrive.

On the Iconev.com website there is a customer talking about his Icon
and having gone down the road 30+ mph out of the box.

Not sure how you plan on using you cart...there's not much needed to be done
on it for extra go. In a very limited space mine hits 28 mph and still accelerating but not enough room to see full speed..

I highly recommend getting ScottyB's battery pack voltmeter. Icon has
soc plus % of charge plus volt meter odo and speedometer. Icon volt
meter tends to read .7 volts higher than my ScottyB voltmeter.

The ScottyB volt meter is the standard!!
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 01:40 PM   #23
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Forgot to say Star Sirius parts took almost 2 months to arrive...
A bad show...from Star
Old 04-11-2020, 03:08 PM   #24
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubCarDude View Post
I know this thread is getting a little older but I am still kicking around the idea of getting an ICON cart. I have had many Club Car carts over the years and I have no complaints.

My current cart is a lifted Precedent and while working on it I believe I toasted the controller.

So I am either going to upgrade my precedent with a better controller to do 28 mph or just put a used controller in and trade up for an ICON cart which is brand new and does 28+MPH with no modifications necessary.

Can anyone else share their Icon experiences? Gotta be some Icon owners/dealers in here.

So ClubCarDude...I posted my new experience with my Icon I40. What did you finally decide to do?

Keep us posted ....tell us what's going on...
Old 04-18-2020, 03:39 PM   #25
ATrain
Gone Wild

My parents just bought an Icon to replace their EZ-Go and they're thrilled with it. They say it's fast, no issues, laid out well, sharp.

They have a retirement place in FL and all of their friends in the neighborhood have them too and are all happy. They haven't heard or had a complaint?

I'm warming up to the idea...
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 12:30 PM   #26
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATrain View Post
My parents just bought an Icon to replace their EZ-Go and they're thrilled with it. They say it's fast, no issues, laid out well, sharp.

They have a retirement place in FL and all of their friends in the neighborhood have them too and are all happy. They haven't heard or had a complaint?

I'm warming up to the idea...
I should have said that my I40 is lugging 8x6v 260 ah batteries weighing
630 lbs or so plus myself....and it flat gets up goes even uphill from dead stop.

Not bad I would think.... for a stock buggy
Old 04-22-2020, 11:08 AM   #27
gpeak
Not Yet Wild

Traded a lifted 2016 Yamaha AC for the ICON '20 i40L. I have owned gas and electric carts from various manufacturers over the years and here is my unscientific 2 cents...One of the biggest pros is the sure footedness and disk brakes that come stock. We all know carts get a little top heavy as they are lifted, but the ICON handles great with little body roll in the turns. Torque is comparable to the other cart if not just a little better. The onboard charger is a nice feature, carry the plug with you and plug in wherever you are. One area of opportunity is the squeakiness of the top. They have rubber isolators at the top's attachment points which may be adding to the issue, but I have not been able to eliminate what I feel is an excessive amount of noise even after checking the tightness of the bolts.

Side note: If another ICON owner would do me a favor and lift up on the back right main roof pillar (big one behind the seat) and let me know if yours has about 1/8" of play in it, it would be much appreciated. I have not been back to my dealer to see if other carts have the same play or if mine is loose at an attachment point I haven't identified under the cart or if it is missing a bolt.
gpeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 11:56 AM   #28
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpeak View Post
Traded a lifted 2016 Yamaha AC for the ICON '20 i40L.

Side note: If another ICON owner would do me a favor and lift up on the back right main roof pillar (big one behind the seat) and let me know if yours has about 1/8" of play in it, it would be much appreciated. I have not been back to my dealer to see if other carts have the same play or if mine is loose at an attachment point I haven't identified under the cart or if it is missing a bolt.
While I don't have L model I checked the main roof pillar on my I40 as you
requested no play in mine. Have your dealer check your out
Old 04-22-2020, 11:58 AM   #29
gpeak
Not Yet Wild

Thanks so much...Will get it checked out.
gpeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 01:46 PM   #30
muspod
Not Yet Wild

delete

Last edited by muspod; 05-28-2020 at 02:13 PM.. Reason: delete
muspod is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon