lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2020, 02:53 PM   #31
gpeak
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: i40L ICON Electric Street Legal Golf Cart

Update:The dealer ran a cross bolt and it fixed the issue.
gpeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2020, 01:05 PM   #32
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpeak View Post
Update:The dealer ran a cross bolt and it fixed the issue.
Trust everything is all good with your cart now..

Enjoying my I40..
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 11:38 AM   #33
Finch
Not Yet Wild

I’m in the market for a golf cart. I have heard of these Icons. I see there are some mixed comments on here about them but, the negative comments aren’t by anyone who owns one. Is there anyone on here that owns an Icon that has anything bad to say. Everyone who owns one seems to like have All good things to say about it. For Icon owners, what’s your top speed on a stock i40L?
Question: Are icons able to be upgraded as easily as Club Cars and EZgo’s? I’m thinking if I was a Icon owner in the future I would like to upgrade the motor or controller etc.
Finch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 06:06 PM   #34
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finch View Post
I’m in the market for a golf cart. I have heard of these Icons. I see there are some mixed comments on here about them but, the negative comments aren’t by anyone who owns one. Is there anyone on here that owns an Icon that has anything bad to say. Everyone who owns one seems to like have All good things to say about it. For Icon owners, what’s your top speed on a stock i40L?
Question: Are icons able to be upgraded as easily as Club Cars and EZgo’s? I’m thinking if I was a Icon owner in the future I would like to upgrade the motor or controller etc.

Just read through previous posts in this thread regarding top speed....

With what ICON offers in various configurations...there is plenty to choose from.

Are they as easy to mod as CC or EZgo..I imagine replace controller with higher
ah cap...solenoids battery cables even motor should be doable...

Because I am not a gc tech in my dreams perhaps...Best let the experts reply on this..

https://iconev.com/

With regards to upgrading the motor and controller...these carts are plenty fast
top speed out of the box...and come with a good controller - motor package.

There are of course modified carts here on the forum that can go faster...
There is plenty to read about cart upgrades on this form...

But am very happy with how mine performs out of the box.

Best wishes
Old 06-11-2020, 12:49 PM   #35
dap247
Not Yet Wild

I'm in NE Florida and have a 2019 ICON i40L and love it. I also tested refurbished/lifted EZ-GO and Club Cars at the same dealer before making the decision and, for what you get for the money, it seemed like a no-brainer.

I saw a comment about potentially upgrading the controller or motor but they seem pretty solid as is - especially the Toyota controller. For those asking about speed, mine is stock from the Tampa warehouse and will hit 32 MPH (pic attached).

I've also noticed that the company keeps making regular updates and gives a 2-year warranty. When I ordered, the steering wheel was the typical golf course flat front and the dash was analog. By the time it arrived, I had an upgraded steering wheel and all electronic dash. Since delivery, I know the dash has been upgraded again with key and USB front & center and two cupholders up front rather than a single with golf ball holders.

The only update so far has really been a clays basket in the front. It still has the stock 12" wheels and 23" AT tires. I'm playing with the idea of getting the MJFX side steps and upgrading to 14 or 15" wheels (anyone put on 15s?). As at least one other member commented, getting compatible parts or accessories has been challenging and probably my only gripe. The dealer claims they can get anything for me but sometimes I just want to look around, get a good deal and do the install myself.

Overall though, couldn't be happier with the look, performance and reliability in the first year.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0084.jpg (235.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6925.jpg (137.3 KB, 0 views)
dap247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 04:18 PM   #36
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Hey DAP ...great post...nice looking cart...how long have you had it?

I like the shot of your digital display showing 32 mph...box stock!!

My I40 is a 2020 and given the many stop signs in my "hood" and short
non stop running space 28mph is about all mine can manage yet it was
still accelerating....

Gotta appreciate the hydraulic 4 wheel disc brakes!!

Great review..thanks
Old 06-11-2020, 06:23 PM   #37
dap247
Not Yet Wild

Hey CartsRFun, thanks. I should have mentioned I’ll hit the one year mark in a few weeks and just hit 400 miles.

We need to get more ICON owners on here since there’s so little info out there - for prospective buyers and current owners.
Old 06-15-2020, 11:17 AM   #38
HawkIcon60L
Not Yet Wild

I agree, there’s not many people posting about these carts on the internet, at least in my searches. I have a 2019 i60L for 15 months now. I’ve put 700 miles on it! We love it. I’ve taken a little air out of the tires to fit in the garage. Only complaint I have is the distance you can achieve with a fully loaded cart is dramatically different than when it’s just you or you and one other. That’s just the overall down fall of any electric cart I would imagine. Also when going fast with full load I’ve noticed some side to side wobble. Might be bc of the pressure I let out of tires tho. Here’s a pic of my cart and the kiddos at the beach
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CB6627DE-69D1-4737-BF8D-8167B09AC047.jpg (23.7 KB, 0 views)
HawkIcon60L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 03:06 PM   #39
HawkIcon60L
Not Yet Wild

Hey what clay basket fits the icons? Looks great
HawkIcon60L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 03:11 PM   #40
dap247
Not Yet Wild

Thanks - and good question. I think, because of the lack of info on the ICON brand (yet), we can't really locate much that's advertised as being compatible - only those things that are universal. As a result, I had the local dealer install it but, if I can find out which make/model, I'll let you know.

Love your i60L BTW.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon