lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-22-2022, 08:35 AM   #11
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Epic Cart - Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spoon View Post
A quick perusal of Marshell's site reveals that they offer a ONE YEAR (non, IMO) warranty to the dealer. Emphasis added is mine.

To whit:
Warranties and Limitations:
For the marshell product, the sole Seller warranty is that for twelve (12) months from delivery to Buyer the battery, charger, motor and control have been manufactured in compliance with the specifications for those parts.

THE FOREGOING WARRANTY IS THE SOLE WARRANTY FOR THE PRODUCTS AND ITS PARTS AND IS IN LIEU OF ANY AND ALL OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; AND SELLER SHALL NOT BE SUBJECT TO ANY OTHER OBLIGATIONS OR LIABILITIES WHATSOEVER, EITHER IN CONTRACT OR ON ACCOUNT OF NEGLIGENCE, WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCTS OR ANY OF SELLER'S OBLIGATIONS ARISING HEREUNDER. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL SELLER BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL ORCONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES, EXPENSES, LOSSES OR DELAYS, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LMITATION, DAMAGES FROM DECREASE IN INCOME, INCREASE IN COST OF ANY DESCRIPTION ORDECREASE IN PROFITS, OR FROM FAILURE OF ANY PART OF THE PRODUCTS FURNISHED HEREUNDER. ALL LIABLITY OF SELLER ON ACCOUNT OF NEGLIGENCE OR IN TORT IS HEREBY WAIVED BY BUYER. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.

Thus, if Marshell does indeed manufacture the Epic cart, the dealers are on the hook not only for the rest of the cart under US law, but also for the remaining FOUR YEARS of the five year warranty they are touting without any factory backing. **

At the pace I have seen some import cart dealers adopt and then switch brands, it remains to be seen whether said "warranties" will be honored or worth anything.

Caveat Emptor as some Roman said.

** I was contacted late last week by Icon regarding the Epic cart. I will follow up with them later and post their response to my inquiries regarding origin and warranty.
ICON bought EPIC, the EPIC carts have a 2 year warranty through ICON so yes that would leave them on the hook for 1 year. It doesn’t even take contacting them to see the details they are all spelled out and posted right on their website. https://epiccarts.com/our-warranty/ scroll all the way to the bottom https://docs.google.com/viewerng/vie...ress-1up-1.pdf
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-22-2022, 10:15 AM   #12
The Spoon
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZYMATT View Post
ICON bought EPIC, the EPIC carts have a 2 year warranty through ICON so yes that would leave them on the hook for 1 year. It doesn’t even take contacting them to see the details they are all spelled out and posted right on their website. https://epiccarts.com/our-warranty/ scroll all the way to the bottom https://docs.google.com/viewerng/vie...ress-1up-1.pdf
I don't understand your math, nor your argument.

How does 5-2 = 1? If Icon is covering the Epic carts for TWO years, and the dealers are saying the warranty is FIVE years, the dealer would be responsible for the remaining THREE years. Are you asserting that LVTong is actually the manufacturer of Epic, and disputing the poster's above claim that they are made by Marshell? There is no information on the Epic site regarding who manufactures the cart.
The Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 12:06 PM   #13
jeffahfah
Getting Wild

EPIC previously provided a warranty by EWG (electric warranty group) for two years. Now it's covered by ICON (not sure if ICON uses EWG or not).

EWG offers up to 48 month warranty of any new or used golf cart through supported dealers. I cant find any sell of an epic golf cart with a 5 year warranty so not sure where that time span came from but would assume any dealer that sold such a warranty to be covered by them (EWG) to any golf cart sold prior to the ICON acquisition.
jeffahfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 02:26 PM   #14
The Spoon
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffahfah View Post
EPIC previously provided a warranty by EWG (electric warranty group) for two years. Now it's covered by ICON (not sure if ICON uses EWG or not).

EWG offers up to 48 month warranty of any new or used golf cart through supported dealers. I cant find any sell of an epic golf cart with a 5 year warranty so not sure where that time span came from but would assume any dealer that sold such a warranty to be covered by them (EWG) to any golf cart sold prior to the ICON acquisition.
My concern with either cart is who may provide the warranty service as "authorized" dealers are far between and seem to come and go.

Update: received confirmation that the Epic cart IS built by Marshell, and the extended warranty is provided by EWG. Apologies to krazymatt for mistaking what he wrote.
Old 08-23-2022, 03:55 AM   #15
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
I don't understand your math, nor your argument.

How does 5-2 = 1? If Icon is covering the Epic carts for TWO years, and the dealers are saying the warranty is FIVE years, the dealer would be responsible for the remaining THREE years. Are you asserting that LVTong is actually the manufacturer of Epic, and disputing the poster's above claim that they are made by Marshell? There is no information on the Epic site regarding who manufactures the cart.
I don’t know anything about a “5 year warranty” if a dealership is offering that they are extending 3 years out of pocket I would assume. Marshell IS the oem for the epic carts while icon is produced by Lvtong. I was stating based off the info from marshell stating 1 year warranty on their vehicles this would be the epic. Epic states on their website they offer a 2 year factory warranty through icon. So yes that would mean to me that icon is covering an extra year beyond the factory (marshell) warranty. I am not disputing the epic is made by marshell or not. I am well aware that they ARE the oem of them epic carts. Do you have any info on this “5 year warranty” are all dealers touting this or just some? Are they actually honoring this? Are they misinformed? It is clearly spelled out on epics website their warranty is 2 years….
Old 08-23-2022, 04:04 AM   #16
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Honestly, if I had to guess if a dealer told you 5 years they are some how under the assumption the vehicle has a 5 year warranty from epic/icon. I don’t know many people who would be willing to cover an extra 3 years out of pocket. Is this 5 year warranty something multiple dealers are pitching or is it isolated to a single dealer?!?
Old 08-23-2022, 08:36 AM   #17
The Spoon
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I don’t know anything about a “5 year warranty” if a dealership is offering that they are extending 3 years out of pocket I would assume. Marshell IS the oem for the epic carts while icon is produced by Lvtong. I was stating based off the info from marshell stating 1 year warranty on their vehicles this would be the epic. Epic states on their website they offer a 2 year factory warranty through icon. So yes that would mean to me that icon is covering an extra year beyond the factory (marshell) warranty. I am not disputing the epic is made by marshell or not. I am well aware that they ARE the oem of them epic carts. Do you have any info on this “5 year warranty” are all dealers touting this or just some? Are they actually honoring this? Are they misinformed? It is clearly spelled out on epics website their warranty is 2 years….
I share your skepticism, thus the reason for my inquiry. I requested a written copy of the "5 year warranty" two days ago. Still waiting for that. I found Marshells factory warranty to be a deal-breaker. If the factory does not offer at least a 2 year bumper to bumper coverage, it displays a lack of confidence in their product, and a liability for any entity stepping into that void, IMO.
Old 08-23-2022, 09:54 AM   #18
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
I share your skepticism, thus the reason for my inquiry. I requested a written copy of the "5 year warranty" two days ago. Still waiting for that. I found Marshells factory warranty to be a deal-breaker. If the factory does not offer at least a 2 year bumper to bumper coverage, it displays a lack of confidence in their product, and a liability for any entity stepping into that void, IMO.
Your warranty would be through epic/icon. They would take up claims with marshell. I would take it as a 2 year warranty. Epic makes a nice vehicle. Seems with these import carts the choice in dealer is THE single biggest/most important decision you make. Ultimately the dealer is the one that is going to deny you warranty claim or agree to fix for you and submit to icon. Seems there are some who give people a hard time about aftermarket add one but have also been told if they install the same add one they will honor warranties. Also usually the labor is only covered by the dealership where the vehicle was purchased. If the dealer closes shop 2-6 months after your purchase you’re forced to take it to another dealer for service, parts maybe still covered but you’ll be on the hook for the labor.
Old 08-23-2022, 10:55 AM   #19
The Spoon
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Your warranty would be through epic/icon. They would take up claims with marshell. I would take it as a 2 year warranty. Epic makes a nice vehicle. Seems with these import carts the choice in dealer is THE single biggest/most important decision you make. Ultimately the dealer is the one that is going to deny you warranty claim or agree to fix for you and submit to icon. Seems there are some who give people a hard time about aftermarket add one but have also been told if they install the same add one they will honor warranties. Also usually the labor is only covered by the dealership where the vehicle was purchased. If the dealer closes shop 2-6 months after your purchase you’re forced to take it to another dealer for service, parts maybe still covered but you’ll be on the hook for the labor.
How long has Epic been in the US? Agreed that the dealer is key. Problem is, in Central FL the only Epic dealer somewhat close to my neighborhood just flipped (this month) from Icon to Epic. I was told by Icon that the choice was Icon's. Not enough volume.
Old 08-23-2022, 02:13 PM   #20
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
How long has Epic been in the US? Agreed that the dealer is key. Problem is, in Central FL the only Epic dealer somewhat close to my neighborhood just flipped (this month) from Icon to Epic. I was told by Icon that the choice was Icon's. Not enough volume.
Where? I’m in east central fla.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon