lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2022, 05:55 PM   #1
cartedguy
Not Yet Wild

Default robin eh35c No spark

Have a txt with a robin eh35c engine. Ignition coil is getting 11+ volts to both the red and white wires but no spark from the coil. Ground is good, tried a number of coils and plugs which all test good for resistance. Main ground of solenoid area is good, all new parts there and the pickup. What am I missing?
cartedguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2022, 08:39 AM   #2
cartedguy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: robin eh35c No spark

Help!
Old 10-16-2022, 09:12 PM   #3
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartedguy View Post
Have a txt with a robin eh35c engine. Ignition coil is getting 11+ volts to both the red and white wires but no spark from the coil. Ground is good, tried a number of coils and plugs which all test good for resistance. Main ground of solenoid area is good, all new parts there and the pickup. What am I missing?
Exactly what all new parts did you buy ?
When did it stop firing ?
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 06:33 AM   #4
cartedguy
Not Yet Wild

I bought the cart with a new CDI already on it. I suspect the orange wire coming out of it means the wrong one was put on as there is no orange wire on the electronics diagram for the engine and all the amazon listings with an orange wire CDI saying it works for that engine have reviews saying it does not work.
Old 10-17-2022, 07:31 AM   #5
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartedguy View Post
I bought the cart with a new CDI already on it. I suspect the orange wire coming out of it means the wrong one was put on as there is no orange wire on the electronics diagram for the engine and all the amazon listings with an orange wire CDI saying it works for that engine have reviews saying it does not work.
Ok, let me ask .
Was the cart running when you bought it ? and could you drive it ?
I am assuming this cart has the pre mci engine ?
Could you take a picture of the ignitor you took off the cart ? and post it here with your next reply.
Also just to let you know the ignitors you buy off amazon are junk.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO