lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
gumpbuck
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Florida golf cart insurance (street legal!)

Anyone have a street legal golf cart insurance policy in Florida? Any idea on cost or a company that sells an LSV type policy?
gumpbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2013, 06:25 PM   #2
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: Florida golf cart insurance (street legal!)

I got statefarm for coverage on my golf cart , runs 50-ish for the year . it going to differ from county to county .
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #3
Tennshooter
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Progressive has a LSV policy. $123 per year
Tennshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:36 PM   #4
Billygoat
Not Yet Wild

I am looking for the same thing as we speak, I am in Broward county. I have got my cart titled and inspected finally, what a performance that was but that is another story........just need to get insurance and a tag now. I have seen most people here have Statefarm at about $60 but I have called around and not been able to get that. It seems that the best bet is to tack it onto your existing auto insurance which I think is what people paying the $60 are doing. I have a Progressive auto policy and they told me they could tack it onto to my existing policy and it would be about $140 for six months which is a little expensive and a lot more than most are paying here. Progressive told me that I can't get different coverages on the vehicles, meaning whatever liabilities you have on your existing policy would carry over to your golf cart probably making it more expensive. If someone has the fast track to the $60 insurance, please let us know, I'm struggling to find it.
Billygoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:36 PM   #5
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

like I said I have statefarm but also have two other vehicles insured with them and I just added it on
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:06 AM   #6
gumpbuck
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'm getting a quote from Allstate for $340 per 6month for basic liability covereage!! Man, there has got to be an alternative out there. Seems like too many have posted that the are getting better rates. Is it that they don't understand the insurance they actually need for an LSV and they are assuming the coverage they have is good enough? Or is it that the have a basic golf cart policy, that doen't actually cover street use.... Surely someone on this site can offer some suggestions.... :-)
Old 06-20-2013, 10:31 AM   #7
Billygoat
Not Yet Wild

Okay, been doing some more digging and calling around. From what the agents are telling me, the cheap $60 to $90 insurance is available but not for carts that are converted to LSV and are registered and titled for street use. I can't imagine other counties being different, I'm sure it is state regulated but perhaps those people who got those prices can chime in. From what I have been able to find it seems if you are going to go the 100% street legal route, have your cart titled tagged and inspected and drive on the street there is no cheap alternative.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:45 AM   #8
Billygoat
Not Yet Wild

Well, it looks like I may have found something.......I have an existing auto and boat policy with Progressive. Called them again just to see what I could do. They said they write the golf carts/LSV's under their motorcycle policies, I got the coverage I needed, I have just the minumum liability I need to be street legal and it cost me $71 for the year.

Getting this cart converted to LSV, inspected, titled, registed and insured has been quite an ordeal. I'm not surprised a lot of people don't do it or give up during the process. I have heard of people sailing though with no issues but my experience here in Broward County at the Margate DMV office was quite the opposite.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:59 PM   #9
gumpbuck
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks Billygoat! I'm not with Progresive on my cars and they won't write me an LSV policy unless I give them the car too. If you have a specific agent that can make that happen, let me know and I will give them a call....
Old 06-20-2013, 02:10 PM   #10
Billygoat
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumpbuck View Post
Thanks Billygoat! I'm not with Progresive on my cars and they won't write me an LSV policy unless I give them the car too. If you have a specific agent that can make that happen, let me know and I will give them a call....
I just called the 1-800-Progressive line, just talked to the first operator that answered. Although I did get a multi vehicle discount, he told me that this was a seperate policy and not an add on like others have described. I guess it seems like it makes a difference which office you call or which person you talk to, everyone seems to do it a little differently.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car