lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-16-2015, 09:21 PM   #1
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Default Any Marathons With Fuel Tank Over Rear End?

My 3 wheel Marathon is an 82 model, or at least originally it was. It now has a newer but unknown year 2pg engine that will drop in, 88 carb and exhaust, and various other parts from a newer sparky 3 wheeler of unknown vintage. It's a real Frankencart.

Does anyone out there with a Marathon have one with the fuel tank located over the rear end? Mine has this, and a neat little fuel door in the panel that is between the rear fenders and behind the seat. It appears that it is a little smaller than the later model Marathon tanks that were located on the driver's side of the engine bay. I really like it, it seems like a neat setup to me, but it must be an early Marathon only thing, I guess filling would be slightly inconvenient due to the sweater basket, but since my cart doesn't and won't have one, it isn't a problem for me. Does anyone know what year they stopped putting them there or have a cart with the tank back there? If so, does anyone perchance know the capacity of the tank? Any info is appreciated.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-16-2015, 10:34 PM   #2
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Any Marathons With Fuel Tank Over Rear End?

From what i know,its '83 that they switched the tank,my '85 had the side mount tank.I believe they changed the tank at the same time as when they updated the starter/gen from internal to external,and made some other engine updates as well.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 05:00 AM   #3
classycarts
Gone Wild

I have one like that 93. I mounted a winch and boom on the back and use it around the shop to tow in non running carts. It was a 3 wheeled model till I cut the front end off and replaced that with a 4 wheeled front end.

As for the year they changed tank location, Like pachanga posted, it was right around the early 80"s. Tank cap. is 4 gal.. I've beat the crap out of mine. Used many a times as a log skidder and show it no mercy and it just keeps going!!
classycarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 02:16 PM   #4
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Thanks guys!! Now that I think about it, 83 was when they laid the muffler down back there, so the tank would have had to move to allow for that - good call on the year Pachanga!

4 gallon capacity, I can deal with that!! Having the tank back there will allow me to run a big ole automotive battery in the huge battery area under the seat, plus I like having that wasted space above the rear end used for something, not to mention being able to fuel without raising the seat is kind of a novelty.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO