lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-18-2016, 06:47 PM   #11
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: battery storage w/auto batt trkle chgr

The charger in the picture does Not float or trickle charge.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-26-2016, 12:28 AM   #12
dlaf7577
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

OKay, I am confused then about the FCS that this charger has. It sounds like a fancy way of saying Trickle. I am very very dumb when it comes to voltage. Thanks for your time......
dlaf7577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 09:25 PM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

It's supposed to restart if voltage drops, or a certain time passes (not so sure about second part, have not read manual in a while). I can tell you from experience, it does not float charge. The charger uses a relay to control power to the transformer, only chargers whose transformers are always powered can float charge batteries. For traditional transformer-based chargers, it's simple as that.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 01:56 PM   #14
kev2504
Gone Wild

Yamaha

now that I am a couple of weeks from getting my new batteries, the storage question comes up.

I have the little Save-A-Batt battery tender/charger. Is this good enough to store the cart for 5-6 months?

Would it be better to get a DPI Accusense Intelligent Charger? This is a 5 stage charger. It says the 5th stage is for storage. It says that after 28 days it will start a new charge cycle. Doesn't say anything about voltage drop, not sure if it matters at that point.
kev2504 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery storage, long term storage, storage, trickle charger
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha