lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2016, 08:47 AM   #1
n2carts
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default 2006 36V TXT PDS magnet upgrade

Since I have now gotten one of the fastest (34mph top speed) carts in the neighborhood/golf course thanks to PQ Bandit motor, all my friends are looking to get a little more out of their carts.

My neighbor has a 2006 EZGO and after doing some research for him he settled on the magnet upgrade. Pretty straight forward install and it got him the results he wanted.

Before: 12mph on a slight incline After: 18mph
Before: 12/13mpf on the decline After: 21/22mph

We have a 1/2 mile stretch of road leading to the club house that is a 25mph zone but everybody likes doing 35 or 40mph and all he wanted was to be able to not impede traffic or get ran over and he is now getting 25mph since there is a slightly steeper decline leading to the club house.

We are now going to monitor the heat to see if there is any noticeable change and upgrade the battery cables to help maintain the extra voltage demand.

Just thought I'd post the results incase anyone else was thinking of doing the magnet upgrade.
n2carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-20-2016, 09:24 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2006 36V TXT PDS magnet upgrade

Sounds like your neighbor has a 2006 PDS.

Upgrading all ten of the high current cables to 4Ga or thicker will probably help his cart a bit going uphill and might help a little on level ground. (Depends of how small the existing cables are and how bad of condition they are in.)

Motor heat ought to stay about the same since he's not tapping into the full performance potential of a stock PDS motor.

What size tires is he running (stock height is 18") and what chip does he have installed?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 11:22 AM   #3
n2carts
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thank for the reply.

Yes its a PDS cart. I have talked to him about upgrading his cables and that might be the next step if he wants anymore speed but he's pretty happy with it now.

I didn't think the heat would be an issue but that was one thing I heard might be any issue. He is running stock tires and has no plans to change that and has no chip that I know of, just the magnet.
n2carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 12:31 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2carts View Post
Thank for the reply.

Yes its a PDS cart. I have talked to him about upgrading his cables and that might be the next step if he wants anymore speed but he's pretty happy with it now.

I didn't think the heat would be an issue but that was one thing I heard might be any issue. He is running stock tires and has no plans to change that and has no chip that I know of, just the magnet.
No chip is All Terrain or Golf mode with a top speed of about 13 MPH, which is about 3000RPM at the motor on stock height tires. Putting in a magnet disk with half the poles will allow the motor to spin at about 6000RPM before the controller's RPM limit in Golf mode kicks in.

However, a stock PDS motor maxes out at about 5600 RPM with a 36V battery pack, which is about 24MPH on 18" tires.

Sounds like he is hitting the RPM limiter going downhill, but has some room for improvement on level ground and maybe a bit going uphill.

---------
Do you have a part# and source for the magnet disk?

(I don't have a part number or source and the magnet trick comes up here occasionally, so I would like to be able to pass that info on.)

PM me with it if it isn't a site sponsor.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO