lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-28-2017, 10:50 PM   #1
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default G16 spindle bushings

Hey

Strange as it seems, after a few years working on golf carts, I am changing the spindle bushings on the drivers side for the first time. The drivers side hub was toast and the bearings exploded so I removed that. The kingpin going through the spindle had a lot of play, being able to wobble it a lot. I slid in the upper metal bushing and then the shorter one on the bottom. It takes away the play a little, but the bushings seem like they just slide in loosely. I can easily remove them with my finger nails, it just doesn't seem right. I know a seal goes over the bottom bushing and the kingpin has a cap on top to keep out debris. Do these bushings need to be crimped by something, or held in by something else to keep them wedged in there? They just slide in too easily it seems

Please let me know

Thanks
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2017, 06:28 AM   #2
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: G16 spindle bushings

If worn to much, the holes in the A arm become elongated thus there is still some play as the bushing doesn't take it all away.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha