lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2017, 08:48 PM   #1
gazc
Not Yet Wild

Default G9 kingpin removal & replace

Hi, Just bought an old G9 ( 1992) Yamaha golf cart and want to know how to R&R kingpins, i don't have a manual for this cart, any help would be appreciated.
Cheers Gazza
gazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2017, 08:59 PM   #2
marks141
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default G9 kingpin removal & replace

Let me take some pics real quick and I'll help you out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
marks141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 09:21 PM   #3
marks141
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G9 kingpin removal & replace

Your going to spin your wheel and remove that little pin on the side, you need to make sure that you pay attention to the fact that the pin will only fall out one side, if you do the wrong way you will wedge it into the back of your a arm and not be able to take it out. The king pins themselves need to be punched up and out I believe, they will only go one way. I remember them being hard to get out because the shocks took a lot of the force when I try and remove them. Your new king pin will come with new parts like the washers and whatever else is in there, try to remember how they come out. Make sure to apply never seize so you can get them out easier in the future and they will move better when you steer.

Old 06-26-2017, 02:09 AM   #4
gazc
Not Yet Wild

THANKS MARKS141,you were spot on, something that may be useful, the little pin i punched out with 3mm punch from the stirring rack end,(rear side) larger pin i used 5mm punch same direction, with WD 40 they came out easy, the kingpin it's self i tapped out from the bottom, sprayed WD 40 before tapping out.
thanks again Gazza
gazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 06:41 AM   #5
marks141
Gone Wild

Yamaha

No problem! Happy to help

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha