lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2018, 06:32 AM   #1
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Alltrax 500a controller

So i decided to buy one of these controllers alltrax 500a for my 2014 club car precident. My question is where is the best place to buy it. I am not so much worried about the price i am more concerned about customer service. From what I understand it needs to be programmed for the stock motor first. Then i plan on sending the mortor to plum quick this winter so it will need to be reprogrammed right. The controller itself may be enough to satisfy me but if the stock motor ever goes out then there will definitely be a upgrade. Any advice would be great thank you Jerry
Hit it like a champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2018, 06:34 AM   #2
Wally’sCC
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Alltrax 500a controller

Carts unlimited is best place to buy, Scottie will hook you up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wally’sCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 06:48 AM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Another sponsor is Revolution Golf Cars and David is pretty much the man when it comes to Club Car.

https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 09:45 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

A bandit motor does not need a 500 amp controller. I don't think PQ will recommend it. After all the Bandit motors are refreshed stock motors with a few mods. Your money may be better saved buying the 400 and going ahead with the bandit upgrade sooner. OR getting the 500 and saving up for a bigger motor able to handle the 570 peak amp output.

You do not always need the biggest controller made. Especially with separately excited (sepex) motors. Case in point > in my R&D fleet I have a 2014 Precedent with a XCT300 controller and an FSIP A3 speed motor that accelerates hard up to 27 mph on stock tires.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 11:11 AM   #5
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Does the 400a controller have the fan in it the price difference is not to much. Thanks Jerry
Old 06-27-2018, 12:30 PM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

The fan is only standard on the 500 amp model and available as in add-on for the 300 and 400 amp models.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 01:40 PM   #7
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

The problem is I am not educated enough to make decisions. I have been searching tris forum for about a month now and I think I am more confused now then before I started. The forum is great and there is a ton of information but there is so many mixed opinions. So I think I will do some more research before purchasing anything. As far as the PQ motor I probably would have done that already but he has no core motors so he wants me to send in mine to be rebuilt. I use my cart a lot now that I sold my rhino. That motor may have been a mistake anyway. I guess what I want is a 20mph cart that gets there quickly. Ps I do have a trailer that I toe also
Old 06-27-2018, 01:57 PM   #8
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Don't know where you are in PA. If you have any hills you don't want the Bandit motor. It is a flat lands motor.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 02:29 PM   #9
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
Don't know where you are in PA. If you have any hills you don't want the Bandit motor. It is a flat lands motor.
I run a PQ Bandit with one of Scotty's Alltrax 400a controllers and it runs like a champ, no complaints. Flat around here, but has setup has plenty of torque and does a average 28 mph with 4 on board.
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 02:50 PM   #10
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyre View Post
I run a PQ Bandit with one of Scotty's Alltrax 400a controllers and it runs like a champ, no complaints. Flat around here, but has setup has plenty of torque and does a average 28 mph with 4 on board.
I am guessing the extra torque is from the controller. Maybe a small amount from the motor Because from what I’ve been reading it’s only pushing 4horsepower with the bandet motor. From what I understand the HP makes the torque with a high amp controller. I was reading a post that said you need a 650a controller min to run these 14hp motors. I am reading the forums and trying to learn. It’s not gonna happen over night. Thanks for the reply’s this I cool for me a haven’t been a member of a forum sense 2008 when I was building my Yamaha rhino.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car