lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2018, 06:39 PM   #11
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: Help Identifying Engine

yep, 295cc
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2018, 08:22 PM   #12
sub2010ss
Not Yet Wild

Another update. So I started ripping into my engine. Didn't get far. Right away I found my carb was loose. I tightened it up and it drives great!

Still the compression is low at 90# but as long as it keeps running the way it does now I can wait till the off season to do the internal repairs. If I have to or when I have to Ill make sure to keep this up to date. I also ordered one more new solenoid. One thing I notice is the engine compartment does get really hot. Is there any type of vents on the gas models that the electric models didn't get? Thinking maybe I could install a scoop or something to help bring fresh air in and help with the heat issues.
sub2010ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 05:49 AM   #13
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub2010ss View Post
Another update. So I started ripping into my engine. Didn't get far. Right away I found my carb was loose. I tightened it up and it drives great!

Still the compression is low at 90# but as long as it keeps running the way it does now I can wait till the off season to do the internal repairs. If I have to or when I have to Ill make sure to keep this up to date. I also ordered one more new solenoid. One thing I notice is the engine compartment does get really hot. Is there any type of vents on the gas models that the electric models didn't get? Thinking maybe I could install a scoop or something to help bring fresh air in and help with the heat issues.
No extra vents, they do suck up a lot of dirt in the engine compartment just make sure inside the fan/flywheel shroud is clean.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 08:27 AM   #14
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub2010ss View Post

You could add a higher cfm computer box ventilation fan to push outside air into the engine compartment. Maybe even remove or ventilate the rear engine compartment cover or vertical wall of the bagwell to vent the warm air to atmosphere. That is what I am trying to get time to do on my TXT with VC625. The rear engine cover has three 2" diameter holes in it now, but hot air still wafts up around the seat. This time of year that isn't too comfortable. If I get time this weekend the 4.5" computer cooling fan will get installed in the seat cowl near the shifter.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO