lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2018, 07:33 PM   #1
Hotshot1202
Not Yet Wild

Default Club car won't move after rebuild

Sorry for a long post being my first post, I have a 2003 club car ds iq 48 volt. I completely tore the cart down and rebuilt it over the past two months. The only thing different is a uncommon key switch, high speed magnet, and #2 cables. I've done this before several years ago, the problem I have now is no click at the solenoid. Between the light blue wire and blue/white wire on solenoid I have 31 volts for some reason. Total pack voltage at the solenoid is 51 volts, from the light blue wire directly to the pack ground I have 51 volts, between the blue/white wire to pack positive I have 31 volts. When I put the wires back on solenoid I have 31 volts between the two. This really has me scratching my head
Hotshot1202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-26-2018, 08:21 PM   #2
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club car won't move after rebuild

I'm going to take a SWAG at this and say that the pink wire that connects to the big terminals on the solenoid is on the wrong big terminal. It should be on the big terminal that connects to the battery. The reason it's 31 volts is because you're reading through the precharge resistor.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:54 PM   #3
Hotshot1202
Not Yet Wild

Pink wire is connected on terminal with battery positive
Hotshot1202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 10:43 AM   #4
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok Hotshot1202 here's another possibility. 31 volts just happen to be the equivalent of 4 batteries. Perhaps maybe you have an accessory such as lights connected across two batteries and its messing up the common connections. Remove all connections from your batteries except the main neg and pos connection and see if your problem goes away. If you could take a picture of the battery connections and post it here.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car