lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2020, 10:44 PM   #1
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Default Danaher Handheld Option Menu

For years I've long wondered what this menu would do if I could access it. On the Danaher Programmer, there's a menu near the bottom labeled 'option menu'. Clicking it gives a prompt for a four-digit numerical password, originally it had 10 tries remaining, but stupid me attempted to brute force it until it only had 1 left, and so far it's still on the 1 remaining and failing that, I guess it fries itself and turns off?

I never could get any info both online or from EZGO about it; they deny it exists, claims there's no password, or make up fake news that you can't get it if you tried (god I hate EZGO lately why must they be jerks?!)

What does this menu do? Bob? anyone? would it show advanced level programming? it's protected by a password for a reason. But I hate mysteries and would be happy if it's possible to access it or at least, find out what it does.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2020, 11:32 PM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Danaher Handheld Option Menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 View Post
For years I've long wondered what this menu would do if I could access it. On the Danaher Programmer, there's a menu near the bottom labeled 'option menu'. Clicking it gives a prompt for a four-digit numerical password, originally it had 10 tries remaining, but stupid me attempted to brute force it until it only had 1 left, and so far it's still on the 1 remaining and failing that, I guess it fries itself and turns off?

I never could get any info both online or from EZGO about it; they deny it exists, claims there's no password, or make up fake news that you can't get it if you tried (god I hate EZGO lately why must they be jerks?!)

What does this menu do? Bob? anyone? would it show advanced level programming? it's protected by a password for a reason. But I hate mysteries and would be happy if it's possible to access it or at least, find out what it does.
That menu is on the FSIP version of the Danaher handset. The E-Z-GO Danaher does not use that menu, but some industrial Danaher controllers do. 10 failed tries bricks the handset...
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 08:39 PM   #3
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

What does this menu do, exactly?

As far as I remember, we didn't order it from FSIP (we didn't even use them for anything in 2010 when we ordered that thing). EZGO sent a tech to help me with one of my early hangups with an RXV around that time, and I showed them that handset and how it could set one to 19.5 MPH without any passkey and they basically told me 'don't tell anyone over at EZGO you can do that, or that you own that handset--it's actually illegal for a non-EZGO licensed tech to even be in possession of one'

I am not sure if he was lying or not but I have followed his advice. Not that anyone from EZGO has been here since.
Old 06-27-2020, 05:15 AM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 View Post
What does this menu do, exactly?

As far as I remember, we didn't order it from FSIP (we didn't even use them for anything in 2010 when we ordered that thing). EZGO sent a tech to help me with one of my early hangups with an RXV around that time, and I showed them that handset and how it could set one to 19.5 MPH without any passkey and they basically told me 'don't tell anyone over at EZGO you can do that, or that you own that handset--it's actually illegal for a non-EZGO licensed tech to even be in possession of one'

I am not sure if he was lying or not but I have followed his advice. Not that anyone from EZGO has been here since.
They are not illegal to own, I've bought a few of them. FSIP made them for industrial CanBus controllers. E-Z-GO bought them from FSIP. Unike Curtis, those industrial handsets do not have access levels. Passwords are used to unlock things within a controller, not the handset. But if you exceed a password count, the handset assumes it is in the hands of an unauthorized individual and will shut down to prevent unauthorized use. You should not have wasted all of those attempts, because one more mistake and you will be buying a new one from FSIP. I think you can send it to FSIP to reset it prior to it locking, but once locked I doubt they will reset it. They usually make you buy a new one.
Old 06-27-2020, 08:26 PM   #5
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

FSIP doesn't even sell them anymore. They told us "EZGO ordered us to never carry them again". The Danaher handheld is now an unobtainable part.

Since I have no clue what that option menu even does (no one will tell us!) I haven't had a reason to 'waste' that last attempt. If there is some means of actually acquiring the password or if it has some 'master code' only EZGO knows, I'd be happy to try. Just curious if it allowed some deeper level stuff like the 1313 OEM Curtis one did.

I also have tried (unsuccessfully, sadly) to 'reset' a used up freedom passkey. High power magnets, etc water, shorting terminals on whatever little board it has, the works. no dice. It has no IC, or any type of 'memory' I can discern, it's just a tiny PCB littered with little traces; no capacitor, transistor, or surface mount anything. Wish I knew how it 'recorded' uses since they are darned expensive when they reach 20 and I despise disposable electronics.
Old 06-28-2020, 02:26 AM   #6
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

There is a chip imbedded

Tags
danaher, handheld, programmer, rxv
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO