lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-01-2021, 05:26 PM   #1
NockDeep
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Maximum size tire on 2002 club car ds w/ Allsports 6" Supersport lift

I am picking my lift up Wed and will need to replace my tires/rims. Allsports says 24x11x10, which is what Id like to put on.
Will this size clear without a doubt? Some rubbing on sharp turns or severe uneven terrain? I'll go down in size to have absolute clearance. Thank you for any responses, glad to have found this site now that I have the club car modification virus! Also to hijack my own thread: my cart currently has a drop spindle lift that is worn out, decided to upgrade the lift instead of rehabbing. When I do the swap is there anything else I should replace/upgrade at that time, steering or rear suspension wise? I decided against hd leaf springs and just plan on replacing those bushings, swapping out the front suspension, and changing the rims/tires. Thanks again for any responses!
NockDeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-02-2021, 09:05 AM   #2
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Default Re: Maximum size tire on 2002 club car ds w/ Allsports 6" Supersport lift

I'll answer since nobody else has yet: I'd trust All Sports with their fitment, for the most part. I just finished a 4" lift where AS stated a 22" tire would fit. It does, but it rubs at full lock up front and under load out back. With that said, the tires have aggressive tread and are overinflated, so I will reassess after airing them down. Good call on the rear bushings, they're very likely toast. If you have slack in the steering you can do the three tie rod ends, which are very inexpensive. Unless it's really loose or binding, I'd not fret about the steering rack itself, but it's another wear item and not too expensive. Hope this helps a little.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 09:27 AM   #3
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Maximum size tire on 2002 club car ds w/ Allsports 6" Supersport lift

I can't speak to the All sport lift specifically. However, I have a 6" madjax lift and 23" tires. I also get some rubbing at full left lock. Have not had any issues with full right turn or in the rear, but I have not had much weight in the rear.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 08:36 AM   #4
NockDeep
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Good info guys, thanks for the replies. I’m going to go with 23s.
NockDeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 12:59 PM   #5
Mike from Texas
Getting Wild

My 1998 Club Car DS has a 6” All Sports kit on it. I currently run 22x11x10 with no rubbing at all. When I get the electrical rebuild part complete I’m going to need new tires.

I’m thinking of 24x8 up front and 24x11 in the back. There appears to be plenty of room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike from Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 05:24 PM   #6
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Running 24x11x10 Swamp Fox's on my Allsports 6" SS lift. I went with 8 inch wide rims.
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 06:32 PM   #7
Goober11
Gone Wild

Club Car

Built this on for my Son. 6” Allsports lift running Douro Fuse 23X10-12 on 12X7.5 wheels no rubbing front or back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 990FD69F-6C67-4D59-B372-7CEEF2D7CD54.jpeg (167.1 KB, 0 views)
Goober11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 09:11 AM   #8
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Mike, where's your hub bearing caps?
Old 02-04-2021, 02:03 PM   #9
Mike from Texas
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakko47 View Post
Mike, where's your hub bearing caps?

Good question! [emoji15]

I’m in the process of doing a body off restoration. I’ll put new ones on. But the bearings are still in great shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike from Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 03:18 PM   #10
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

My Precedent doesn't have them, but I believe those are sealed. The older DS carts aren't sealed, so those caps would be pretty impo'tent.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car