lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2009, 08:31 AM   #1
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

Default What would be a fair trade?

Looking to swap out my 05 Precedent for a 48v DS. My Precedent is in excellent condition, however the 4-12v are in need of replacement. It has a rear flip seat, lights, hupcaps, and dash...everything else is stock. Looking to get a 2002+ DS with rear seat, sound like it would be fairly equal trade? What do ya think? The reason, I bought the cart for my mom and she prefers the "look" and footroom of the DS.
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2009, 02:10 PM   #2
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

Default Re: What would be a fair trade?

OK here's my thoughts for you.....I have recently been dealing with several wholesalers in this area of Florida, and that cart can be had for an average price of $2500. It could be found cheaper but the seats would be torn apart or the body in rough shape. You may get a little more if the cart NEVER saw a golf course for duty, but not much more. The market is being flooded by wholesalers who are redoing these carts and giving them away dirt cheap
oxfordlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:35 PM   #3
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRS View Post
Looking to swap out my 05 Precedent for a 48v DS. My Precedent is in excellent condition, however the 4-12v are in need of replacement. It has a rear flip seat, lights, hupcaps, and dash...everything else is stock. Looking to get a 2002+ DS with rear seat, sound like it would be fairly equal trade? What do ya think? The reason, I bought the cart for my mom and she prefers the "look" and footroom of the DS.

BRS, I'd go with Craig's List for at least the sale of yours. Heck we live in golf country with tons of cart communities. There were 2006 Precedents with 6 month old batteries going for the $2,500’s but without anything on them, (no rear seat, etc.,) but were set on Speed code 4. With your extras you should do OK.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:56 PM   #4
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

As a reference I bought a 2003 DS last year for $1450. It was straight from the course with no options and original batteries.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:08 PM   #5
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

As far as DS goes, 2006 or 2007 can be gotten for @ $1800 depending on batteries, fresh from golf courses....no lights or anything like that, but they usually clean up real nice.
oxfordlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car