lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2009, 07:10 PM   #1
rkasf88
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Solar

Has anyone had any experience with Solar panels on carts? Do they work?
rkasf88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2009, 08:37 PM   #2
BlackHornet
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Solar

i havent done it buttttt......if you have enough surface area, then ya it would work. Ive heard that it was tough to cover enough area to produce enough amps to charge the batteries
BlackHornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:39 PM   #3
rkasf88
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

http://www.solarenergygolfcarts.net/newalpha/index.html

Go check out this link, if this can do what the video shows, I may be installing this system. A little pricey but, man if it works!
Old 07-08-2009, 08:49 PM   #4
BlackHornet
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

what is the price? i couldnt find it
BlackHornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:52 PM   #5
rkasf88
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Old 07-08-2009, 09:13 PM   #6
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I think solar panels on the golf carts could supplement your overall power needs, but not replace the charger. The panels are 12VDC but the power was in the wattage range. Three panels would fit on a standard cart roof , supply 36 volts, but theres few amps.
As you were operating the cart the cells would assist in moving the cart. Sitting in the sun, it may be drip charging the batteries, But not blasting them with current liks a 30 amp charger.
If that's confusing, I uderstand. I was rambling thinking.
Basically, Cells would reduce the load needed at charger. shorter charges. Any energy drawn from the sun would be utilized thus reducing your home electric recharge expense.
The expense of the cells $600-700.00 would take quite a long time to recover in energy saved.
I looked at this once. That's how I know this info. If you saved $15.00 month/using cells and the cells cost 700, it would take 47 months before it saved you a dime and then only 15 a month
If they could power a cart solo and eliminate the charger, it would be great. I think that is not here, yet.
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:19 AM   #7
stevesmitty79
Not Yet Wild

These flexible panels are going down in price quick. Last month I saw another distributor selling them for $1600. Better than $2000+. I figured to wait awhile.

But, on eBay, you can find the same 36v flex panel now for $899. They have a demo on sale for $799. Comes with a 36v charge controller.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Flexible-Solar-G...3286.m20.l1116

I wonder if anyone can look at the specs and tell us what kind of performance we could expect from these?

Might be feasible at that price.
stevesmitty79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:10 AM   #8
spock_79
Not Yet Wild

Star

Flex panels don't work. They produce 70watt or 100 watt maximum when you can buy a200 or 270 watts at about the same price and sell your roof top on ebay...
Don't forget that there is a 30% solar tax credit so the price is going further down.
spock_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO