lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2009, 01:55 AM   #1
malcolm
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO w/ EC17DS Need Wiring help

I'm Brand new to golf carts and I just picked up an old EZGO.
It had no coil and some horrible third party wiring. I was able to hook up a spare coil from my suzuki samurai and I can make it run. But as soon as I let off the starter my spark dies.

I want the cart to start with push button switch, and stay running until I kill power to the coil, like a car. When I want to go in reverse I kill it manually with the switch and start it backward.

My question is, "Is this possible to do"

I've been trying to use one of the diagrams you have posted but I can't seem to bypass this "accelerator switch".
Second question, " what is the acc. switch, just a start switch?"

When I try and hook up 12V to the coil it wants to short, (either side).

So if anyone has any input on how simply wire this 177cc (I think, not the 240cc one) Robin engine so that the coil has power when the switch is on and dies when I turn it off with out shorting out, I would greatly appreciate it.

Also if you can reccomend a specific diagram from those pdfs listed in the wiring section.

Thank you

malcolm
malcolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-11-2009, 02:20 AM   #2
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO w/ EC17DS Need Wiring help

Look at the wiring diagram near the bottom of this thread: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...iagram-id.html I think this may be close to the correct diagram for your cart. As far as the mods you are talking about, I personally would try to wire it back to original specs that way when you encounter the invariable problems that are going to pop up, you won't have to dig thru a bunch of modded stuff to figure it out. It would be helpful for you to either find the serial and manufacturers numbers or post some pics of the cart so that we can narrow down which model and maybe a close year cart you are dealing with.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO