lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2010, 10:09 PM   #11
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: 2002 Bad Whine that gets louder with Speed

That is NOT normal. Tell him to drive it and if he STILL says its normal ask for your money back and go down the road to another dealer. It could be something else besides the motor but it doesn't matter...its an electric cart. You sholdn't hear anything but the tires going round and the wind in your hair.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2010, 10:09 PM   #12
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I would take it back and get a refund. Did you pay with cash, check or credit card? I see this cart costing you $$$.$$'s. Do some more shopping, maybe go to a REAL dealership?

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 10:17 PM   #13
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Any news??????

Old 05-27-2010, 09:33 PM   #14
tspnmb
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for checkin in.. :)
After some .. well yelling !! Lost my temper!!
I couldn't get my traded in cart back because it was already gone.. .. so I got back half of the extra I put in. So overall I got a decent deal.. but still got a cart with issues..
So I took it a EZGO dealer and they replaced the brushes and bearing for 73.00! He said they were shot. Almost completely gone.
Very good deal and very good service..!! I admit.. learned my lesson...
Helped .. but still have an issue.
Still has a rear end whine. He said that is was my gears/rear and they could fix it for around 400.. I asked him if it really needed to be done and he said.." if I wanted to spend the money but it wouldn't really hurt anything else except make noise.." It still kind of bothers me (especially my wife) so I am debating getting it done.. I do trust this shop and they are an authorized dealer..
tspnmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:27 PM   #15
Saltysteele
Home of the Teeny Weaney

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tspnmb View Post
I do trust this shop and they are an authorized dealer..
Saltysteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:46 PM   #16
tspnmb
Not Yet Wild

The scraping noise is getting a little more noticeable ,, Coming from the right back tire.. it isnt really loud... but kind of grating. It isn't constant. It comes and goes.
I am going to take the tire off and check that one out myself.

As for the whining.. like I stated above he said he thought it was the gears/rear end and would be about 400 to repair. I am really considering.. but worried that it wont be it for that big of a chunk of money.. :(

Does that sound about right to you guys? I unfortunately dont know that much about the workings of golf carts.. I think I am going to start learning though!

I Was that way with my jeep the first couple of years and now I have done about everything that could be done to it... :)

thanks!
Old 06-01-2010, 02:02 PM   #17
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

I would check the oil first. I have been known to put 75/140 gear oil in them to quieten them down. I have seen several rears without oil, even brand new carts.

Remove the drums and check your brakes and axle bearings. you may need shoes and they are squealing against the drums.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:26 PM   #18
tspnmb
Not Yet Wild

Thanks! I am going to jack it up tonight and see if I can figure out where exactly it is coming from. I would love it if they just needed oil! That would save me quite a bit of money!
Thanks again everyone for the advice. I will update the post on the progress.

SP
Old 06-01-2010, 08:33 PM   #19
tspnmb
Not Yet Wild

Ok.. I jacked it up and figured out that if I take the wheel off the right side the scraping noise goes away.. The wheel wiggled a little so I tightened the both on the center of the axle with the cotter pin and then put the wheel back on and it was even louder when I drive it.. so I think maybe the brake pads? I am going to open it up and look at them tomorrow before I take it over Thursday.

As for the whine .. I had a cardboard tube that I held up to the motor and it sounded like a motor.. :) some noise but not much.. Now when I held it up to the the rear end assembly right below the motor on the axle I could hear the whine very loud! So it appears to be coming from that area not the motor..
Old 06-01-2010, 08:46 PM   #20
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Just take it to the dealership and let them fix it the right way. If they are an authorized dealership, you'll be treated fairly. Since you got some money back from the other place, use it to get your cart running properly. If you don't know 100% what you're doing, you can cause more damage.

Funny to hear about how "bad" your old cart was from the shister shop - but it was already sold? Makes you wonder even more about their business practices...

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO