lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2010, 09:13 PM   #21
tspnmb
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2002 Bad Whine that gets louder with Speed

Mikes.. you are correct.. I already have an appointment at the shop.. and they are going to fix the whine.. I was just looking into the new squealing / scraping noise... and thought I would investigate the other noise a little.. not going to attempt fixing it.
Just finished replacing the ac compressor / condenser / dryer etc.. on my wife's gs300 and that only took be 2 hours and it is like new!! freezing cold!! (Compressor bit the dust) I am pretty mechanical.. I have done many many things like this before.. Rebuilt my CJ5 from almost the ground up...
So it is frustrating when you get burned on on something like this..
Never worked on carts so I will leave to the ones with experience.. I am just trying to make sure that I have a good understanding of whats going on.

After I took it to get the motor stuff done my wife was following me and she said the tires looked warped.. he did not tighten the wheels enough and they were off center/wobbly.. so I want to be able to check out everything I can before I drive off this time! Even if they are an authorized dealer.. I feel like they should not have missed that.. I am sure you understand..

Thanks!!
tspnmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2010, 09:22 PM   #22
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

True! Very True! In their defense, I don't check peoples lugs nuts when they bring a cart in for service, though. May be something we add to our "normal" service checks. Glad you brought that up as we do always check tire pressure...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:24 PM   #23
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

BTW - sounds like you have the knowledge and the means! I'm questioning what this cart you now have has gone through and what it was originally? 'd be going thru that thing with a fine tooth comb

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:48 PM   #24
tspnmb
Not Yet Wild

Update to the story...(long)
New problem happened.. Cart started another scraping noise and then bam.. it wouldn't move!
Solenoid was overheating.. Current shop thinks this happened from when I took it to the old shady shop and he tried to repair the hub rattle noise.
With no intentions of ever having anything to do with the shady shop owner I called just to let him have a piece of my mind and he had the kahunas to say "it was probably something to do with the place that put the new brushes and bearing in the motor" !! This guy is such a tool!!
I preceded to let him know what I thought and that some of my friends at the county (I work for the local county he operates in ;) about some of his practices and how he is treating customers etc..anyhow
Anyhow the owner at the Authorized EZGO dealer picked up my cart today and we starting talking about solenoid issue, rear end cost / hub issues etc.. and he worked out a good deal for me.. Was going to be pretty pricey to repair the thing, so for an extra 1100 bucks I traded in my 2002 troublemaker (he gave 3200 trade in value) for a 2007 and he let me (well my wife) pick out color / seat colors / rims (which were bigger then the ones on the trade in) flip seat / and more.. pretty much exactly the cart we wanted...
and Best of All a warranty/guarantee in writing with an actual real receipt.. lol
Will be ready Friday!
Thanks for all the input and answers!!! I am all ready reading through learning more about the ezgo's. I had 2 club cars before the ezgo's.
I am still trying to grasp the difference's on the models and such. I know the one I traded in was a 2002 PDS and I am not really sure what the 2007 is I didn't know there were different ones until I was reading tonight..
but he said it would be just as fast as the one I traded in... and of course it won't scream when we drive it!!!
Old 06-08-2010, 12:53 PM   #25
buddy48
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Glad it worked out for you, but if you have done all that mechaincal work on the Jeep, you could tear one of these golf carts down and compeltely rebuild it IMO. There are some tricks to the trade, but mechanically there aren't many pieces to them.
buddy48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:14 PM   #26
tspnmb
Not Yet Wild

Thanks.. you are correct buddy48 .. after spending some time underneath that one.. not much to it.. But I was just happy to be done with it at this point ,without spending a ton of money!! :) It needed alot more than I had time to spend on it right now..

SP
Old 06-08-2010, 07:43 PM   #27
dougmcp
Gone Wild

I have nothing to offer regarding the fix but the headline grabbed my attention,

"2002 Bad Whine that gets louder with Speed"

It just reminded me of my wife except she older than a 2002 model.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:11 PM   #28
tspnmb
Not Yet Wild

Ok.. Its all good now!! I have our 2007 PDS from the ezgo dealer! With a Warranty!! :)
Even though I can fix most things it is nice to know that if my wife and son get stranded and I am across the state she can call the number on the dash of out cart and they will come get her,,! Even after the warranty they will do that.. very nice place! Graham Golf Carts in North Myrtle Beach.. A+++
I drove it over to the other shop and told the guy to come out and listen to what a golf cart is supposed to sound like.. it was quite funny..
Here is a picture of my new quiet cart..

Old 06-14-2010, 05:09 PM   #29
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

thats a good looking cart you got there.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:50 PM   #30
Pimp Daddy
Proud Paw Paw

E-Z-GO

Good looking cart !!! Believe you will be pleased with the Graham Cart. Those guys stand behind what they sell. I have always traded with them at the lot in South Myrtle. Great bunch of guys!!!
Pimp Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO