lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2009, 11:50 PM   #1
roxyrose08
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default 86 ezgo lift help

hey guys just got an ezgo 86 metal body 2 stroke. whats the most affordable way to lift this baby , will the store bought stuff work on this ? or do i have to fab somthing up? i am sure there are threads from long ago but could not find specific direction on this sort of thing. thanks any other mod on this style cart would be greatly appreciated too!
roxyrose08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2009, 09:20 AM   #2
popatop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 86 ezgo lift help

Check sponsors block lift is about the cheapest, but by far not the best, I have a 4" block lift on mine no problems 22x11x8 wheels and tires, works fine for me.
Have fun good luck
popatop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:37 PM   #3
nomo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey Roxyrose08, mine is just like yours. I made my lift from scratch, so it cost next to nothing. I can post some photos if you like. It's 3", but could eailsy be 4" if the right material is available. I used what I had.

nomo
nomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:28 AM   #4
mopar92
Gone Wild

PM me if you want, but I have an 89 and I put a 5" on it very cheap... I can help you with little minor problems you will run in to.
mopar92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 04:55 PM   #5
roxyrose08
Getting Wild

Club Car

hey i would love some pics. what size tires worked best without losing to much problems? and do you have any other fun mods for this cart? thanks alot
Old 09-20-2009, 09:32 PM   #6
nomo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I built an inexpensive lift for mine. Here are some photos. It's three inch, because that is what I had in the square tubing. I would recommend finding a piece of 4 inch, the holes will be easier to drill. I would also recommend offset wheels. I put spacers behind mine to eleminate the rubs, but I really need to purchase the offset wheels. The tires are 22x11x8. Other ideas...I built a back seat from two old wakeboards. Good luck. Post some photos of your project.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02094.jpg (79.4 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02095.jpg (85.8 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02101.jpg (76.2 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02102.jpg (55.0 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02290.jpg (62.3 KB, 116 views)
Old 09-20-2009, 10:25 PM   #7
roxyrose08
Getting Wild

Club Car

i love it man thanks, im actually doing the exact same thing with mine as you. im a marine mechanic . and go wakeboarding so gotta get to the lake the easy way!. thaks man love the pics.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:38 PM   #8
nomo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Then you will like my inexpensive ski and board rack too!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02261.jpg (49.7 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02260.jpg (40.8 KB, 43 views)
Old 09-22-2009, 04:26 PM   #9
ezgo hot rod
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo View Post
I built an inexpensive lift for mine. Here are some photos. It's three inch, because that is what I had in the square tubing. I would recommend finding a piece of 4 inch, the holes will be easier to drill. I would also recommend offset wheels. I put spacers behind mine to eleminate the rubs, but I really need to purchase the offset wheels. The tires are 22x11x8. Other ideas...I built a back seat from two old wakeboards. Good luck. Post some photos of your project.

where did u get the blocks or whatever in the front and what is in the back supporting the springs
ezgo hot rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:58 PM   #10
nomo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezgo hot rod View Post
where did u get the blocks or whatever in the front and what is in the back supporting the springs
The "blocks" are 3 inch square steel tube. I just asked around until I found a scrap from a friend. You can purchase to length at a steel or welding supply shop, or McMaster Carr. The rear is two pieces of steel pipe. The outer one is three inches tall to match the front. The inner one is also about three inches with one inch inside the other. They are welded together, I don't remember the exact pipe size, but I could measure them again if needed. Just make sure the spring sits on the outside pipe, and the small one fits just inside the coil. nomo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO