lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 06:38 AM   #1
steverw1
Not Yet Wild

Default back up buzzer

anyone know how to disconnect a back up buzzer on a 1989 ezgo cart. mine stays on in both forward and reverse. thanks
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2012, 07:14 AM   #2
graysonk95
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: back up buzzer

Just locate the buzzer and unhook it.
On newer carts the buzzer is easily accessible and usually unplugs easily.
Make sure when you disconnect it the wires are in a place where they won't make contact with anything.

I have no experience with your particular cart, but on most there is a microswitch that activates the buzzer when you shift, check to see if it is working properly.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:21 AM   #3
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Simply disconnecting the buzzer is IRRESPONSIBLE! Do a search on the subject on this site.
You should fix the problem with the buzzer, which would most likely be the switch and make the buzzer quieter rather than put yourself and others in jeopardy by disconnecting it.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:46 AM   #4
steverw1
Not Yet Wild

Hi. Just want disconnect it while i work on it. Then hook it back up.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:42 AM   #5
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by graysonk95 View Post
Just locate the buzzer and unhook it.
On newer carts the buzzer is easily accessible and usually unplugs easily.
Make sure when you disconnect it the wires are in a place where they won't make contact with anything.

I have no experience with your particular cart, but on most there is a microswitch that activates the buzzer when you shift, check to see if it is working properly.

BGW...or... anyone on this forum, ... BGW itself, is/are NOT responsible for your actions in the result of using, or, misusing this information that may cause possible damage to yourself, your property, or someone else!
Old 04-09-2012, 10:51 AM   #6
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Disconnect the negative terminal on the battery. Remove the grub screw holding the forward reverse lever on and remove the lever. Undo the two bolts that hold the switch to the firewall and gentle ease the switch into the engine compartment. By looking at the underside of the switch you should be able to see the microswitch and the cam that operates it. The chances are that the switch has slipped and the lever on the microswitch has folded back on itself. With a pair of needle nose pliers you should be able to align the lever and the cam.

Dave
Old 04-10-2012, 09:57 PM   #7
graysonk95
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by steverw1 View Post
Hi. Just want disconnect it while i work on it. Then hook it back up.
That's all the guy wanted.
I'm sure anyone with half a brain is aware that disabling safety features for any amount of time is not a very smart thing to do.
If I had told him jumping off a bridge would fix the buzzer he doesn't have to listen. Its simply advice. Good or bad all he wanted to know was how to disconnect the buzzer, for all we know he could have been trying to install a new one once he found the issue.
I appreciate people looking out for one another, but I take it personally when people act like I'm telling him to directly hurt someone.
For the record, all of the carts I own are equipped with either multiple buzzers, rear and side view mirrors, or both. Safety is a priority as I am often operating my carts around young children who would still jump behind a cart WITH a buzzer. From my limited experience with EZGO, their buzzers are REALLY loud and annoying and I could see why he wouldn't want it blaring in both forward and reverse while he is trying to fix it.

I apologize in advance for my tone, today has been rather crappy.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:40 AM   #8
steverw1
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for reply. I totally agree with you. They should find out my reason first for doing this and not jump all over you. All i wanted was to disconnect it while working on it.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:49 AM   #9
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by steverw1 View Post
Thanks for reply. I totally agree with you. They should find out my reason first for doing this and not jump all over you. All i wanted was to disconnect it while working on it.
And of course we should all know that because that's what you said in your original post, right??
Old 04-11-2012, 06:58 AM   #10
racin161
Gone Wild

I can see this post is going no where now
Closed Thread
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO