lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2012, 03:12 PM   #1
padodgens
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default yamaha g19e Quits running

I can get the controller to work for very short period of time. When the cart won't go the reverse beeper does not work, but when I put it in reverse and the beeper works, the cart will run for a very short period. I have also had problems getting the solenoid to engage without straight wiring. Any ideas are greatly appreciated
One thing that confuses me. The reverse buzzer will sound with key off and solenoid disengaged. When the reverse buzzer sounds the cart will run, but only for a few minutes. When the cart stops running, the solenoid will still engage, but the reverse buzzer will not beep. After the cart sets for a while, you can turn the run tow switch to tow, then back to run, and once again the reverse buzzer beeps and the cart will run, but only for a brief period. It has me a little confused at the moment
Replaced the solenoid. Did not fix the problem. Any other words of wisdom would be appreciated
Checked the two wires going to the solenoid. No corrosion. Jacked up cart and put volt meter on battery pack, Dropped less than 1 volt. Reminder on the solenoid. One wire going to the solenoid (positive is hot all the time. The negative lead is open, but I do get continuity between it and the multiple wire plug on the side of the controller. In order to get the solenoid to work with some control, I ran a jumper from the negative side of the battery pack to the negative side of the solenoid and removed the positive wire. I the tapped into the lead from the switch from the accelerator so the solenoid would activate when I pushed the accelerator down. If I go out to the cart and place the run/tow switch to run, it will run for a short distance then quit. When it quits the solenoid will still cut in, but no go. I can raise the seat and flip the run tow switch and it will reset, but only run for a short distance. The waiting time for reset varies from a few minutes to several minutes. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated
Thanks for the info. I just followed your advice and voltage only dropped to 47 from 49 with cart against an immoveable post. Only able to get it to run about a minute. Did I mention that the batteries are new
Put in a new forward reverse switch and still have the same problem. Anybody have any ideas. Please read all the post. I am beginning to think I will have to replace the controller. Only thing I have not replaced.
padodgens is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2012, 08:20 PM   #2
padodgens
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: yamaha g19e Quits running

Had a chance to do more troubleshooting today. Cart will reset after sitting still for 15 seconds with the run tow switch in tow position. When I switch back to run the cart will run sometimes for 10-15 minutes before cutting off. Most of the time it will cut off after coasting to a stop and then trying to go again.
padodgens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 12:48 AM   #3
mybadomen
Getting Wild

This might sound kinda funny but I have a Yamaha 36v cart similar to yours, I replaced cables ,tore the motor apart to check and clean brushes , literally tested everything and oh yeah even bought a rebuilt controller .right as I was about to give up I unplugged a pink wire near the forward /reverse switch and pushed my gas pedal. Lol it took off like a rocket and almost ran me. Over. Later I found out that wire that caused all my issues was just the reverse buzzer. Def try unplugging your buzzer ( should be the pink wire I spoke of) and see if that solves your problem. Nothing to lose by trying .

Take Care
MybadOmen
mybadomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:33 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

A 36v yamaha is ALOT different than a G19, he aint gonna find a pink wire for reverse buzzer, it aint pink. The reverse buzzer is a symptom of the problem, not a cause. The reverse buzzer And the solenoid negative are operated by the controller. Hate to say it, but all signs point to bad controller.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha