lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
Bugged Out
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 2007 YDRA wheel bearing removal

We have a new to us 2007 YDRA Golf Cart. Very clean, but did come off of a closing golf course. I had first pick of 20 carts and this one was a combination pick of best looking, yet also looked used the least.

Everything has been fine on it for a while, until I loaded three more guys on it and a 45 Yeti on the back. We made it home on it with a squeal and a lope on the right rear axle. The next day there thin layer of oil the size of a pie plate on the ground. Instead of hunting today, I decided to fix the golf cart. I should have gone hunting. I have spent hours trying to find info and part numbers on the web, trying to cross with a local parts store bearing. Most all info on Yamaha golf carts relates to a "G" series. Not much at all on a YDRA. Does one of those "G" numbers apply to my cart, I have not been able to locate anything except 2007 YRDA JW1-F4236-10

Not only has the cross reference gone poorly, but I am not quite sure what to do now. I have taken off tire, hub, and spacer, and snap ring. Bearing is exposed, a few balls are missing out of the bearing. How do I get the rest out. I have a few ideas, but I don't want to tear anything up. As poorly as this is going I thought I had better stop and ask, instead of tearing up more and having to ask anyway.

All suspension is stock. Is it possible to go with heavier bearings, or was this one about gone and the weight finished it off that day? I believe the lope was from a few balls gone how the axle rotated, I did make them get off and rode home solo as soon as we noticed the lope. All pavement riding. Is there anything else I need to inspect while I am at this point. Do you repack this bearing with grease, of does the rear end fluid take care of that. What do I refill rear end with. Is their a limit in the number of questions you can ask in one post I will change the entire fluid and be able to switch to something new if there is a best.

I have made alot of effort to search for the info prior to asking, it would really help I believe if I could apply a G series to my cart, if there is one?

Thanks in advance for all the info and help !!!
Bugged Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2012, 09:31 AM   #2
Bugged Out
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2007 YDRA wheel bearing removal

Have not received any answers so I thought I would post a couple of pics in case it looked just like another Yami Cart. Hope I added pics correctlhy and this helps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1560.jpg (205.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1561.jpg (203.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1562.jpg (198.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1563.jpg (202.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1564.jpg (212.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-21-2012, 10:28 AM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

The Drive is also known as a G29. Now for the axle bearing....You may get lucky. The reason I say that is if the bearing had completly exploded (I've seen to many) you have to die gring the remaibing race to get it out First spray with a good penitrating oil (like PB Blast) and let it work in. Take off the outer circlip (I think you said you already did), install the hub, you can use it to hammer the axle and bearing out (hopefully in one peice). You could also use a propane torch to heat up the aluminum around the bearing race. Yamaha part # for the bearing is JW1-F2176-00-00, I can get the bearing number tommarrow if you'd like (I want to say 6306, but I'm not shure). Good luck!
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:51 PM   #4
Bugged Out
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Problem solved, lesson learned, Smallblock was correct. I beat on it as much as I felt comfortable with. I had read in another thread " depending on what brake system you have ? " So I quit beating and carried it to the shop. They confirmed what small block said and beat on the back of the hub some more.
Came out past my comfortable beating zone, but they fixed it. Had a new belt installed while it was there.

Hope this one helps someone in the future

David
Old 09-01-2014, 03:13 PM   #5
dburrowes
Not Yet Wild

New to the forum as well as the cart. I too have the same problem and will be changing the bearings this weekend. from reading this it seems that the bearing and shaft come out from the transfer case once the c clip is removed. do I have to worry about wrecking any of the gears while pounding it out?
dburrowes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 10:44 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Not really much to worry about, as long as the outer race comes out too. It seems like the bad bearings are starting to crop up more often. I have never yet had to replace a YDR/G29 axle bearing that had totally failed with some or all the balls missing. They are the biggest rear axle bearing in the golf industry that i can think of.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 01:51 PM   #7
Jkirby891
Getting Wild

I am currently replacing the bearing in an 2010 g29 electric. I have the entire axles out in one piece with hubs attached. Does the bearing come off on the hub side or on the side that enters the transaxle housing?
Jkirby891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 11:09 PM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Hub side.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha