lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-06-2013, 04:13 PM   #21
URBANNGUERILLA
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1997 EZGO TXT Build. FLORIDA Carts Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Maybe they are assuming different tire sizes, based on Hp?
I just googled "AMD BEAST motor" and found a different page than the one I gathered all the information on.. here is an excerpt..

"The Beast" New General Electric High Torque Motor for applications requiring massive torque, good for hunting buggies with big tires and tall gears.

8 hp @ 1600 rpm @ 36 volts with standard 275 amp controller, 11.4 hp @ 2300 rpm @ 48 volts requires 400 amp controller. Fits 1988 and newer E-Z-GO, mid 1993 to 1996 Yamaha 36 volt G9, G14, G16, and 1990 to 1998 Columbia Par Car, also 1990 and newer Melex, all with Dana H12 differential, 19 internal splines, not for use with DCS or Precision Drive Systems on E-Z-GO.

With stock tires your cart will go 14 mph on 36 volts and 16-17 mph on 48 volts. With 22" tires your cart will go 17-18 mph on 36 volts and 21-22 mph on 48 volts.

For a 400 amp controller we recommend the AXE series controller by Alltrax, item CT1949.

For a 500 amp controller we recommend the AXE series controller by Alltrax, item CT1951.
URBANNGUERILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #22
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Where did you find AMD "Raptor" info? I never saw "raptor" on the site where I bought mine, but the description looks identical.

thanks
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:14 PM   #23
URBANNGUERILLA
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Where did you find AMD "Raptor" info? I never saw "raptor" on the site where I bought mine, but the description looks identical.

thanks
I made a mistake, that motor is NOT called the raptor, but it's on this page (Model R10-4003) below the motor called "The Beast"

http://www.cartpartsrus.com/motors/motors.htm

The motor called "the raptor" is actually further down the page, but it is a CC motor. It looks like I got the descriptions mixed up on that one.
Excerpt:

MOTOR 6.1 HP 36V; CC.
Motor 36-volt (6.1hp@4600rpm) speeds up to 23mph series
motor. Internal 10 spline. For Maximum performance, safety,
and durability, 4 gauge cables throughout the car, heavy duty
solenoid and F&R switch are required. The RAPTOR.
For Club Car electric 1994-up 36-volt series not for use on
Powerdrive or IQ. Not available from OEM.
Works great on 48 volts
D392
Old 01-07-2013, 05:38 PM   #24
URBANNGUERILLA
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Here is a picture of the charger that came with the cart. Too bad it won't be useful once I move up to 48v...

Old 01-07-2013, 09:10 PM   #25
URBANNGUERILLA
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Do I need to put the controller on some type of fuse? If so does anyone have a link?
Old 01-07-2013, 09:24 PM   #26
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The controller will come with a fuse and there will be instructions for install, usually on the B- controller terminal
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:35 PM   #27
URBANNGUERILLA
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Do you recognize a box that looks like this?

I have to commend Scotty on his packaging procedures. I am a real stickler about having my stuff packaged in a way that it has the best opportunity to make it to me without issues. I was impressed with the way it was packaged and labeled. It looks like this on all 6 sides.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #28
URBANNGUERILLA
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

In Scotty's Box.. HD F/R, SD Solenoid, 2g cables, battery carrier, diode/resistor, mounting screws. Something I noticed when comparing complete cable sets to Scotty's...

Scotty's did seem to be a little more. But, the other cables all featured silver colored connectors, not sure of the material but I know it does not conduct as well as copper does. Copper costs more, and Scotty uses copper connectors. I also found it hard to find silver soldered connections. A majority ONLY crimp, using silver connectors.. and some of them did not state how the ends were fastened onto the cable at all. All it takes is one bad crimp and something is going to get hot/burn/melt/cease to work/refuse to stop. I felt like it was worth it to pay a little additional for a better cable set that was manufactured using better components and procedures, that would give me a little extra peace of mind knowing that the cables on MY cart were of high quality and worksmanship that should last for quite some time. After inspecting them closely, I believe I got that.

2" spacers, headlight kit. Although I have been looking for LED headlights since I bought the headlight kit. Who knows.

Jakes 6" spindle lift. Local cart shop advised against Jakes strongly. They said they have seen numerous Jakes spindle lift kits that the spindles "sag" (stress bend) within a couple of years. Has anyone else experienced this? I mean, I already got em' so that's what is going on there for now until I have a reason to change them.

"Military style" Black, solid hub wheels w/ black lug nuts and black center caps.

I really liked some other style rims, but they were kind of out of my budget, and I didn't want to worry about scratching my wheels up in the woods, AND I don't think the wildlife would be impressed by the "bling". Less worries really. The wheels are nothing special but I really like them because of that. They look the way I intend to use them. Off road, rugged.

The only thing left is the controller and I will have everything for phase one! I'll post a pic of the controller when it gets here.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:09 PM   #29
CCW
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thats going to look nice UG.
CCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:19 PM   #30
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Thanks for noticing UG, I shipped over 1000 packages last year without a damage claim. I read about other shippers' woes, high % of damage claims, and unhappy customers. We try to put foam on all four sides of the boxed items and use high visibility FRAGILE labels. I'm sticking with what works.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO