lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2014, 07:23 AM   #21
panamaguy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: won't allways start in forward

Ok,it started and ran fine before the re-build,the only thing non-stock on the cart is someone eliminated the "pedal start" and went to a key start so when you have it in gear and turn the key it starts.How do I adjust the timing and do I need to pull the engine again to do so?It doesn't seem to me to be a lot of space to work in on that side of the engine bay.I did mark the position of the pick-up when I removed it.I only have basic tools to work with and don't have a shop to work in so my resourses are limited.Thanks
panamaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-13-2014, 10:21 PM   #22
redcloud
Gone Wild

Well the limit switch has been bypassed. You had mentioned that the plug was not real wet soooo Have you done any thinking on the carb? Check the throttle plate that it is fully closed when no peddle and starts to open at 1/2" peddle drop and that is where the click of the now bypassed limit switch should send power to the reg. Another thing would be to make sure you do not have anything in the bowl of the carb that may float in and plug fuel.
Now, I have heard of people that have had some electric over heating of spark related parts. You however mentioned that it ran fine before rebuild so I am at the same thoughts of a wiring issue that may have failed , loosened, crossed in some way that is giving you fits.
Have you checked the spark when it won't start right away by removing plug with wire still on and laying the plug to ground and turn over? Check wires for punching, ware spots and that the plug wire is not laying on anything.
I am trying to make sense of the problem as I go through the flow of power.
redcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:52 PM   #23
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Dumb question have you checked the secondary clutch?
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:13 AM   #24
panamaguy
Not Yet Wild

Sorry it took so long to reply!So,the cart runs as good as can be expected with the 40:1 break in mix in reverse but it won't start in forward.I have the drive belt off so the secondary clutch isn't an issue, any other ideas would be appreciated,Thanks
panamaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO