lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2014, 07:46 PM   #1
carriersgolfillac
Not Yet Wild

Default Lift Kits

I have a 2001 TXT that I am in the process of customizing. I am looking for a lift kit and am wondering if there is a big difference in quality and ride in a spindle lift versus an axle lift?
carriersgolfillac is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-09-2014, 07:22 AM   #2
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Lift Kits

Hi,, and welcome to buggies gone wild..i have test both.. 4" spindle and 5" axle personaly,, i prefer the spindle lift....
Jd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:26 AM   #3
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

neither will really affect the ride, as both utilize the stock springs and shocks - also, although a spindle will give you more clearance up front, neither will change the rear end height other than what little difference You will get going to bigger tires.

The Jakes spindle kits are IMHO the best as they widen the front stance as well as push the wheels about 1.5" forward - the longer wider wheelbase definitely gives You more stability, although to keep things symmetrical You will have to widen the rear axle 5" or so (spacers work easily to do this). If ride is important to You, You're sorta stuck with a long-travel lift kit - they're heaven for ride and handling, but You definitely pay for it!
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:07 AM   #4
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
If ride is important to You, You're sorta stuck with a long-travel lift kit - they're heaven for ride and handling, but You definitely pay for it!
Jd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:42 PM   #5
carriersgolfillac
Not Yet Wild

Thanks everyone for the help. I did go with a 6" Jakes with 22x12 Tires. Look for pics to come.
carriersgolfillac is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO