lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2010, 11:58 PM   #1
96clubber
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default very weak spark

took my cart to get a new coil and ignitor put on. got it on and it was taking for ever to get going but it started running fine. well for the moment..... i loaded it on the trailer and brought hoome went to unload it when i got home from work and it wont even start up. it is still on trailer and i went to cheeck spark and it is very weak. the flywheel was rusty but they cleaned the magnet with a wire wheel. it is getting fuel cause i can smell it it is flooded i have taking plug out several times just to clear it out. so does this sound like a bad coil and ignitor? if it isnt one thing it is another so far. new carb fuel lines filters coil ignitor.......compression 150 they said....so what else do i need to get this to run great........sorry just getting frustrated in it but sometimes a deal is to good to be true.......
96clubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2010, 02:03 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: very weak spark

its not uncommon to get a new BAD part but remember you have a rpm limitor also and that could be the problem..........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 10:34 PM   #3
96clubber
Gone Wild

Club Car

the ground wire is snipped on the rpm limitor. i went out there today hit pedal fired right up no problems now tonight went out hit pedal and cranked and cranked, smell gas pretty bad so it is flooded. i just dont understand why sometimes it will start up and go like it should and and sometimes not,,,,,,,,,this is all we have done to it..
1. new carb
2. new filter and fuel lines
3. new plug
4. snipped ground wire rpm limitor
5. new coil ignitor
we cleaned the magnet off the flywheel.........i am lost what to do next
Old 09-25-2010, 12:27 AM   #4
adr
Gone Wild
Club Car

even though you bought a new carb, there not always adjusted correctly,,, kinda sounds like the float is stuck open or not adjusted,,, i had to adjust everything on a new carb for a a small suzuki motor before.

i would buy a new plug personally i like ngk... bpr5es
adr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 02:13 PM   #5
96clubber
Gone Wild

Club Car

i put a new plug in it today the ngk one and the same results. i am about to take it over to the dealer and just leave it and let them get on it daily and make sure it runs like it should.
Old 09-25-2010, 08:19 PM   #6
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

Its rare for carbs to go bad, but since you have a new carb on it, I would still take it apart and see if you have a stuck float, thats wat it sounds like. maybe a piece of fuel line has gone in....could happen, but thats where I would start.
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:56 PM   #7
96clubber
Gone Wild

Club Car

i was thinking a carb also the guy told me there really isnt no adjustment on the new ones. he said maybe a 1/4 inch each way for adjustments. maybe i will get him to swap it out.....actually i still have the old one out here maybe i will stick that on just to see something.....i got it to start up once yesterday in maint mode......by the time i got it in gear it wouldnt start up is there something else that would not make this start??? i read somewhere that there is something that will send a neutral spark and wouldnt allow it to start?????
Old 09-26-2010, 09:03 PM   #8
brucet47
Not Yet Wild

Check the plug wire at the boot to ensure the boot was securely reinstalled onto the wire when they changed the coil. Boot should screw onto the wire until it's tight.
BT
brucet47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:09 PM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Just because you snipped the ground wire to the RPM limiter doesn't mean it's completely out of the picture.. It just keeps it from working. You're still pumping power through it and you must remove it from the loop. Follow your wiring. The kill wire runs down the side of the engine, to the limiter, to the ignitor, to the coil. Simply remove the limiter from the circuit by cutting and connecting the wire directly to the ignitor and loop it to the coil. This will completely remove the limiter from the system.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:20 PM   #10
96clubber
Gone Wild

Club Car

the boot ........i unscrewed it and then screwed it back in i thought maybe that was the problem also. and on the rpm limitor would anyone know the wiring to get it out of the loop....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car