lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-24-2013, 01:06 PM   #1
Garbear
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Need a 1985 Melex front and rear top strut.

Does anyone out there have a good roof strut for a Melex cart that they no longer need. It would appear that a EZGO part number 9268 would work also. I think this comes from an club car. I bought this cart for a song and I'm trying to rebuild it on the cheap. Thanks for looking and feel free to comment on any advice you can give me, as I am brand new to rebuilding any kind of golf cart.
Garbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-24-2013, 11:07 PM   #2
BumbleBee
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Need a 1985 Melex front and rear top strut.

you will have better luck going with a new top. you can pick up the newer EZGO roof and just drill the new holes in the side of the front cowl. that's what I am going to have to do. you might get lucky and find one on Craigslist or something. it'a a thought.

good luck to you.

Arin
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:08 AM   #3
Garbear
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Arin, if I go with the newer strut design, as you suggested, will it fit under the old top or would I need to buy a new top as well? Thanks for the reply. This could easily be accomplished since I have not put one drop of paint on the cart yet.
Garbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:32 AM   #4
BumbleBee
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

it should work, you just have to drill new holes in the top. if memory serves me, the new one will be a hoop design so you may have to drill new holes in the front. if it's like the one on the bub's buggy project. you may have to make a spacer but it will work. With the tools and some ingenuity, you and make anything!

good luck!
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex