lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2018, 09:45 PM   #1
brianj24
Not Yet Wild

Default Golf cart will not go after disconnecting and reconnecting controller

I have a 2007 Ruff and Tuff 48 volt golf cart. I disconnected the wiring harness to the speed controller. I then plugged the harness back in and now my cart will not go forwards or reverse. When the pedal is push to go, you can hear the regular noise coming from the motor but it doesn’t go anywhere. Before unplugging the controller everything work great. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brianj24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2018, 10:29 PM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: Golf cart will not go after disconnecting and reconnecting controller

IDK anything about that cart but did you take photos and re-connect everything the same?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 11:10 PM   #3
brianj24
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Golf cart will not go after disconnecting and reconnecting controller

I sure did.

Old 05-09-2018, 11:46 PM   #4
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Why do you have white, black and red going to what I assume is the pack +?

Why is that orange not connected?
Old 05-09-2018, 11:57 PM   #5
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

That orange wire that has solder on it should surely be fitted in the plug? I was involved in the original design of the prototypes that were used for the Ruff n Tuff carts, but they were long travel independant suspension with 4WD. the controllers were originally to be curtis, but that is obviously a chinese clone of something. I believe that Ruff n tuff basically stripped the original design and simplified it, it was based on the EZGO TXT in its original conception but when i dropped the original project with "Tele-sun" in china the project obviously got bought by Ruff n Tuff and basically ruined what would have been the original "Bad Boy" type cart. I would assume that standard sep ex diagnostic procedure would get some idea of what is wrong, but i suspect that wire may be something to do with it. The problem you will have is that no good wiring diagrams are likely to be available for this cart as customer service for these carts were pretty poor. Even the owners manual was pretty basic.

I hope someone like Sergio, can hop in here and help.

Scotty, i am sure, must remember these carts that hit the market all those years ago when poorly built TXT clones were abundant. Most were built in the same factories, so there may be some info out there to work with.

Colin
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 11:58 PM   #6
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Mooncarter, you must type faster than me LOL
Old 05-10-2018, 12:01 AM   #7
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
Mooncarter, you must type faster than me LOL
LOL. I sometimes type faster than I think.
Old 05-10-2018, 12:38 AM   #8
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Can you tell us more about the model of the cart? does it have independent front suspension, or a beam axle, can you give us pictures of the body style and also some good images of the rest of the wiring, for example where the other end of those wires end up? if we can get more info we can reverse engineer the wiring to create a diagram of what goes where. and then diagnose your fault much easier.

There will be others along soon that can advise much better than I.

I have archive images of the original 4x4 wiring but not this one if it is the standard cart they produced.

Good luck.
Old 05-15-2018, 01:50 PM   #9
brianj24
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
Can you tell us more about the model of the cart? does it have independent front suspension, or a beam axle, can you give us pictures of the body style and also some good images of the rest of the wiring, for example where the other end of those wires end up? if we can get more info we can reverse engineer the wiring to create a diagram of what goes where. and then diagnose your fault much easier.

There will be others along soon that can advise much better than I.

I have archive images of the original 4x4 wiring but not this one if it is the standard cart they produced.

Good luck.

The cart was running great until I took the controller cover off to look around. The orange and the black wire were connected by a connector (don’t know why the person before me had to splice them together). Anyhow I took the wires apart stupidly. Now after putting the wires back together the cart will not go. However if I touch the little black wire that goes in to the connector to metal the cart will run, but when I let go the cart stops. Any idea why this is?

Old 05-20-2018, 05:11 AM   #10
Sakander
Not Yet Wild

hi ,HOW can wer check controller power supply?
Sakander is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts