lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2018, 12:16 PM   #1
trex88i
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2014 TXT48 FNR relocation questions

Sorry all, but more questions on relocating the FNR switch. I picked up a 2014 TXT48 last month and have been refurbishing and personalizing.

I've searched and read many threads, but something seems different with my cart. I'm still a little confused on what drive/style I have. I know it is a Sepex, but is it a PDS or is the TXT48 yet another version? If so, could I recommend updating the identification chart to show this. From what I gather the body style changed in 2014 and there seems to still be limited information and even parts for these newer models.

Anyways, the threads I have read which mention they own a TXT48 model, talks about people having the FNR switch in the dash--and they want to relocate it under the seat. Mine is opposite. Switch is under seat, right where your legs are. Problem is that it is constantly being "bumped" by either my legs or my passengers legs and kicked into N. Of course it freaked me out the first few times as I was wondering why the cart just quit going in the middle of the road. Now I know what is wrong as soon as it happens. Having a dog ride along just compounds the issue. :)

My questions are:
1. Does anyone else experience this issue? Or are we just careless riders? and no, it is not after a lot of beverage consumption :)

2. What are the benefits/drawbacks of having it in the dash vs. under the seat? I have seen many mentions about inconvenience of having to reach to the dash to flip the switch, but are people really touching the button that often? What am I missing here?

3. Finally, is it really that hard and big of an issue to relocate my switch to the dash? I see it has 3 wires to it. I was just going to buy a FNR dash switch, mount it in a custom panel I'm building for my dash and extend those 3 wires to it. I ask because a couple threads have mentioned high voltage going to the switch and it would require other upgrades, not just a simple relocation. Maybe I've read too much and confused things, but I would like you guys expert knowledge and opinions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5911.JPG (694.1 KB, 0 views)
trex88i is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2018, 12:33 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2014 TXT48 FNR relocation questions

Yes you can relocate it just keep the same orientation of the wires on the new switch. You need an on-off-on switch. Or I have seen some people just flip the switch housing upside down and flip the switch 180 degrees in the housing so F will still be on the drivers side.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 01:09 PM   #3
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I had a series cart but upgraded the f/r to the contactor. The contactor has a similar switch to yours. I put it in the same spot that the old lever was in, which is a bit lower than where yours is, but I flipped it upside down as kgsc suggested. It’s nearly impossible to accidentally change it.

It’s not like you’re moving f/r often, but sit comfortably in your cart, with your back against the seat, and try and reach to the dash where your switch would be. It’s not a huge deal, but something to consider, along with extending wires to the dash, etc.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 11:47 AM   #4
Whitaker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I just talked to my dealer yesterday about relocating my FnR switch from the dash of my TXT 48v to under the knee, and looking at that same switch. I know it's not an end of the world event but having to reach up to the dash to change from F to R is a hassle.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Whitaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
f&r, fnr, relocate, relocation, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO