lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-05-2012, 09:24 AM   #1
PcolaKB
Not Yet Wild

Default Couple of g16 questions

Which spark plug is the right one? Mine has an NGK CS5 in it now. Sounds like the NGK BP4HS is the right one but some places say the BP4HS or BP2,3HS.

I pulled the carb and cleaned it. Runs better but a little sluggish, plug needs changing so maybe that will help. Also replaced the alt belt.

Pulled the clutch, replaced a roller and when I was tightening the main bolt during the reinstall it gave a little at the end almost like it was starting to strip out. I was just using a 1/2" drive with no pipe or standing on it or anything. Is it possible I stripped it? I just let off as soon as it gave so it's tight and it runs fine now. I just felt a little give at the end. I was thinking maybe it just snugged up on the taper? Looking for thoughts. Would the bolt strip 1st? I assume it's softer. I had if off one time, then reinstalled then had to hit the ratchet handle with a hammer to break it loose this last time so it's hard to believe I would strip it.

This thing was not running when I got it so I'm having a ball learning what makes it tick. It runs about 15mph on gps. Not sure I want to mess with the gov since my 6 year old loves to drive it. Looking at tires and lift though.

Thanks for the help!
PcolaKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-06-2012, 04:55 PM   #2
jcf32000
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Couple of g16 questions

I can't help you with the clutch question, Sorry. But the plug is a NGK BPR2ES. Thats what the old plug was in mine and that's the new plug that I was sent in a tune-up kit.
jcf32000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:45 PM   #3
PcolaKB
Not Yet Wild

Thanks!
PcolaKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:30 PM   #4
HemiED
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I haven't had to take my clutch cover off yet, so sorry can't help with that. Sounds like a nice cart, and agreed, they sure are a lot of fun.

I am thinking of changing my starter/generator belt also. Was yours broken, or why did you change it?
HemiED is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha