lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2012, 11:51 PM   #1
Mathew6254
Not Yet Wild

Default Converting 36 to 48 hyundai

I have a 36 volt honda with a series 24 48 volt alltrax 300 amp controller. What do I need to do other than,adding 2 6 volt batteries, solinoid and charger? Is my motor compatible to run 48 volts? I am looking to add more torque. I currently am running stock motor with 22 inch tires and 8 inches of lift. I have already upgrade to larger cables, do I need to change the forward reverse switch to a higher amp also? Thanks, new to the electric golfcarts.
Mathew6254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2012, 03:42 PM   #2
Mathew6254
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Converting 36 to 48 hyundai

typo in the post, it is a hyundai as stated in the title not honda, sorry. Is a 300 amp controller big enough or should it be replaced with a bigger controller? Also, is there anyone that sells high torque motors for a hyundai? I have looked and cannot find any. Can the stock motor handle 48 volts or will it run hot or burn up? I think the current motor is a 2 horse
Mathew6254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 05:20 AM   #3
Smerleau
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Converting 36 to 48 hyundai

Did you ever get this converted?
Smerleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts