lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-25-2012, 07:59 PM   #1
Iceberg57
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Button, Button whose got the Button

Got my first cart back in April. 2001 DS. runs well and over the summer it was never necessary to use the choke much. Now that the weather is in the 40's here, I need to use it, but I've now discovered that the button seems to be mounted too low, and does not make solid contact with the choke lever on the air box. It will sometimes slide under the lever an jamb. Lever seems to be in the proper position, button is mounted by screws and does not seem to be adjustable. Anyone else had any experience with or like this???
Iceberg57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-26-2012, 08:28 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Button, Button whose got the Button

what year? model? your choke should go to a rir hose that goes to the carb or air canister depending on year.................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:09 AM   #3
Iceberg57
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks Shadowman, its a 2001 DS. the lever is on top of the intake box. the button is mounted to the cart body and contacts the lever to activate the choke when pressed. but it does not make good contact with the lever. it seems to be mounted to low and will sometimes slide under the lever and jam the choke closed (or halfway) rather than pushing the lever to activate the choke inside the air box (filter housing). i looked to see if the button possition can be adusted up so it makes solid contact, but it appears to be mounted with screws to the body with no option for adjustment. I guess that i may have to remount the button some how, enlarging the hole and relocating the screw holes, but didnt want to go that extreme if im missing something. just wondered if anyone else had experienced this.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:18 AM   #4
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Shadow, do you think it could be the rear springs have saged ant the entire cart is low?
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:26 PM   #5
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Nah... the choke button and the air box are mounted in such a way that neither can be relocated or adjusted!

There's only two things I can think of to resolve it...

The air box cover is not clipped correctly.
If you can completely remove the air box cover easily just by unclipping the two front clips, it's not installed correctly!
(the two rear hooks on the cover need to be hooked to the bottom of the air box properly!)
I've had to remove the WHOLE air box on my 2007, JUST to remove the cover! (because the cart body gets in the way! )

and if the cover is kosher...

Remove the bottom of the air box (3 10mm hex screws holding the air box to the frame)
You could cut the legs on the bottom of the air box a 1/4" shorter to lower the whole air box.

I'm guessing it's the cover... but at least there may be another solution!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:07 PM   #6
Iceberg57
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Lockman, I'm so glad you mentioned the cover because I thought I was doing something wrong when I can't remove the cover to change the air filter. I have to unclip and open just enough to slide the filter in. I cannot open it enough to get the hooks released on the back because of the body. With that said, I think I'll explore the possibility of your second suggestion and remove the box. If nothing else I can make sure it is mounted correctly, and if it does have legs on it, the shortening idea sounds like the ticket. Thanks for your help!
Old 11-26-2012, 05:18 PM   #7
Iceberg57
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Btw...here is a picture of my Cart. I'm a rookie as I've only had it since spring.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (175.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-26-2012, 05:51 PM   #8
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I've been on here from the start of BGW... I STILL feel like a rookie/newbie sometimes!

My very first mod to my cart, was modifying the air box for more air flow... WRONG!
I had to replace the bottom of my air box because it ran like (fill in the word)!

Hopefully it'll all work out for you!

Welcome to BGW, and nice cart!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:42 AM   #9
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOmsman View Post
Shadow, do you think it could be the rear springs have saged ant the entire cart is low?
i,m kinda at a loss and taking a guess because i have never run into this before...............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car