lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2016, 08:44 AM   #1
jellyroll22
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Lifted Ezgo with Alltrax battery performance prob.

I have a 1995 Ezgo 36V series cart with a 6" lift, 22" tires, HD FNR from Scotty B, a 650 amp Alltrax and 4 HP GE motor. I have been using a total charge II for years with no problems. Generally super happy with the cart, great torque and plenty of top speed.

I had brand new US 1800 batteries in it this spring and they worked great for a few weeks but performance slowly decreased until the range was about 150 yards on a full charge. The batteries were about 2 months old at this point and would all show 6.3 after a full auto shut off charge and appropriate rest period.

I switched to brand new CR 205 in July after reading some on here about US batteries needing a specific charging 'profile'

When I put in the CR205 ( just like when I put in the US ) I charge it up and get full power and a nice range, after about 3 weeks and 8-10 full charges I am back to the 150 yard range and I get to push it back. I left it on the charger over night and it shut off itself. Pack voltage is 38.6 and each one is 6.3.

Anyone have any idea why I'm not getting any performance out of these batteries? It looked like the other pack may have been due to the specific charging type they needed but now that these don't work either in not sure what's up. These 3 week old batteries act like 5 year old batteries. Could it be my charger? Help, I'm stumped.
jellyroll22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2016, 09:06 AM   #2
Helirich
Gone Wild

Default Re: Lifted Ezgo with Alltrax battery performance prob.

So after the 150 yards, what do the batteries measure?
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 10:02 AM   #3
jellyroll22
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Tried to replicate it this morning and it's running fine. Hooked up DVM and drove about 30 minutes, several full speed runs. All seems well. After resting 30 min it's at 38.0.
Old 07-24-2016, 10:04 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I agree the TC-II might not have been fully charging the US-1800 batteries, but it ought to do okay with the CR-205 batteries.

If you are getting 38.6V after the pack has rested about 12 hours, the CR-205 batteries certainly appear to be being fully charged, so the problem might be in the cart rather than the batteries or charger.

What does the cart do at the end of the 150 yards?

Does the solenoid click when the pedal is pushed?

Are any of the cables getting hot?

Any error codes flashing on the controller?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 11:08 AM   #5
jellyroll22
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

No error codes or hot cables. Solenoid would click just very minimal power that steadily decreased over the very short distance. Cart acts like it wants to go just doesn't have the power to do it. Would roll ok down a gradual hill with pedal pushed but no power to go up any inclines.

Now that it charged and rested off the charger before I drove it all seems ok. Wheel spinning power like days ago. Hooked DVM to it while driving and vokts drop at WOT then read closer to 37 or 38 when coasting. 15 mins after I stopped it had equalized at 38.3. Doesn't seems to be having the problem now. Not sure why

And thanks for the help!
Old 07-24-2016, 11:54 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 12:29 PM   #7
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Why didn't you have the place you bought the first batteries at check or warrenty the batteries. That would of saved you $600!

But I also doubt the batteries. 150 yards even on 5 year old batteries...something has to be wrong.
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 02:56 PM   #8
jellyroll22
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

They did warranty them. It was only after that that I found johnnieb's post about certain chargers not working with us batteries.

I'm sure they found a good home for them, one with the right kind of charger.
Old 07-24-2016, 03:16 PM   #9
Helirich
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
JohnnieB fixed your cart over the net. He never ceases to amaze me.
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO